Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baby & Big Girl Room - The Final Product

Remember this room that appeared here?



Well, a little baby girl has been added to the room and it transformed into this...


It is a lot more cluttered than it was before, which is not my thing at all. I like clean and simple rooms but you work with what you got. I was dealing with a small room and had to make it work for me. I had the most fun ever putting this room together for my sweet girls. I am so excited about it...


The door consists of beautiful decorations made by my sweet Avery...


Upon entering, this is what you will see...


Avery's new bedding is courtesy of my Mom. I found it at Target in their Shabby Chic aisle and was in love. My Mom saw it and fell in love too so she bought it. Isn't she great? I love that the bed she sleeps in was the same one that Daddy slept on as a kid. And I love that Mia's crib was only $30 at a yard sale!

My Mom also painted the walls for us when she was here right after Mia was born. I chose Olympic's By The Sea. I wanted it to be the color of a beautiful sky. It is so calm and soothing and I love it...



Probably my favorite part that seemed to tie the whole room together is these sweet little bird decals. They were purchased from an awesome Etsy shop called Elephannie. They are called the Ella Birds and I am in love with them. It was a pack of 3.

I placed the flying one on this wall above the sisters sign...


The second sweet little birdie went under the sun and on top of the wainscotting...


And of course there had to be one sitting on the clothesline...


Other details in the room include...

A locker basket filled with Little Golden Books...


Our most girly and favorite bedtime books found a spot on a little pink stool next to the bed...


My Mom found that sweet pink stool along with 2 of these fabulous pink chairs at a yard sale and bought them for the girls. They were a perfect match and I was tickled pink...


I made a few pillows for the room. Of course, the girls each needed a monogrammed pillow made out of the pink & white polka-dot material that is the background for the framed silhouettes...


And the third one was made with my favorite leftover fabric from the banner and birdie mobile...


I had to include a few of Avery's A's and added a couple M's for Mia on the dresser. The blocks are also displayed on the dresser alongside their pink clock and large clothespin with an old page from a book.

I switched out the old wooden knobs on the dresser for crystal ones I found at Hobby Lobby for half price. It made such a difference and suited the room so much better...


And just to cover all the bases, I asked my Mom to cover the baby doll bed's mattress with some leftover pink toile material. I then laid a little pink gingham baby doll blanket that was mine as a little girl over the cradle...


The previous pictures were staged, of course, and on a typical day the room will not appear as it does in these pictures. It is meant to be lived in and I will treasure all the time spent dreaming up a special room for my special girls. And I hope they treasure all the memories they make in this room together...


If you missed all the details of the room, you can check them out here, here, here, and here.

Join me at these parties this week!

Happy Tuesday!


Visit thecsiproject.com

31 comments:

Unknown October 12, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I LOVE LOVE your style! It looks like Mia is the same age as our little Blakely! Their room is adorable! I REALLY LOVE the blue walls, the birds, the pillows and chairs. you are VERY creative! HUGS!

Patrice October 12, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

What a great final product! ALl of the little details are so sweet and meaningful. Terrific job!

Meggan October 12, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Love the final pic Tiff! That is so priceless and one to frame! Thanks for sharing...makes me want to redecorate!

TBonesMom October 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

It's girl-licious! Nice job...

Kimmie @ Hello Mess October 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

I posted my son's bedroom makeover today, too! But oh how I adore these sweet girly colors. I LOVE this room. LOVE. Beautifully done!

kati October 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

I love it!!! You did a really great job!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Petie@inspirednesting.com October 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

aDoRaBlE! I love the bird decals too and that clothes line is such a great idea. I do something similar by hanging xmas cards with line/clothespins from the mantle at xmas time.

Your little girls are going to make lots of great memories and that beautiful room they share. That last shot is too cute.

Veronica October 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

What a gorgeous end-product! I love that you added the blue walls so it's not just a 'pink' room. The black accents on the pillows, birdie decals and silhouettes - these are awesome! The black just rounds off the room to perfection! I'm sure your girls are going to enjoy their new room and will enjoy reading about your efforts and the story behind each and every detail in the room - I know I've enjoyed reading about it!

Emily @ LaForce Be With You October 13, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

What a cute room for your girls! I love all the little details, it seems you have thought of everything! The green looks fabulous!

www.laforcebewithyou.com

Michaela October 13, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

It's such a beautiful little girl's room. I'm sure they'll growing up together in there! Your girls are precious (:

Erica October 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

You are so talented Tiffany! The room is beautiful and I love the picture of the girls. They are going to make so many great memories in that room!

The Autocrat: Haley October 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

Ohhh so cute!! Looks very fabulous!!

Anonymous October 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

This is so adorable! I especially love the clothesline with the little birdie! The Sisters sign is cute too!

Megan October 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

just adorable!!! I love the sisters sign! you did an excellent job!

Julia October 14, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Very sweet and I love all of the little details that you added!

chris October 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I think it is lovely. My girls share a room, also, and it has been good for both of them. The new colors are very calming.

Erin A October 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Tiffany, I just love this room! It's so bright and beautiful!! I love those little birds and all of the antiques and personal touches that pull it all together!! The colors and personality is just perfect!

The last picture is gorgeous!! I love that Avery is wearing a crown, too cute! :)

Deborah@Green Willow Pond October 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

What an adorable little room for two adorable little girls!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door October 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Such a sweet room! Love the blue and Love that last picture! Priceless!

Samantha October 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

The room looks very cute! I love the blue walls and the pink accents. I have been working on my daughter's room too :-)

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home October 15, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

So pretty, I love how you made the room work for your girls! As pretty as it is though, it doesn't come close to your last photo you posted!!

Anonymous October 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

So cute! I am struggling with trying to create a space for two boys one 18months and one 6 and it is hard to make a multipurpose and age space. Good job!

Q @ JAQS October 15, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

So precious. I'm sure your little girls will have wonderful memories of the beautiful room you have created for them.

Brownbellies October 16, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

this room is beautiful. I love that the walls are blue so cute!

Sandy aka Doris the Great October 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

How pretty it is! And the A and M remind me of when my Amy and Molly were little -- about the same age difference as your Avery and Mia.

Lesley S October 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Wow, Tiffany. I love every little detail. You have created such a wonderful little haven for your girls.

Kristen @ Hope Abound October 26, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

I love their room. I would love for you to share where you got your oval frames from as well as your little white mirror. I can't find anything like those anywhere. Please do share!!

Great job!!

Jules October 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I remember when our girls shared a room at this exact age and it was a sweet, sweet time. They will bond beautifully in their gorgeous room! SISTERS! So fabulous ... jules

Lei October 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

There are so maany sweet details in this room... the monogram pillows, the birdy on the laundry line... you did an amazing job!

Wani October 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

So cute! I love the whole room!

Cassie Bustamante October 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

i love the new color- it's such a soft and pretty room for your girls to share! nicely done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails