Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby & Big Girl Room - Part 2 - The Mobile

So next up in the room was the mobile. This is what the first 2 had on their cribs and it is adorable...


However, it was not the look I was going for so I took matters into my own hands starting with the fabric I had used on the banner...


I sketched a birdie the size and shape that I wanted, cut it out, and used it as my stencil. I then cut 2 birds out of each fabric...


I found ribbon from the stash that I wanted to hang them from. I pinned them together with the ribbon tucked inside...


I then sewed all around the birdie leaving a small opening at the bottom for stuffing...


Next I stuffed my little birdies...


And then sewed them shut...


Now I had 5 simple and pretty little birdies all ready to hang...


I removed the old animals from the mobile first. Then I pushed the ribbon through the holes for each bird and tied a double knot...


And there it was, the birdie mobile I had dreamed of. Simple and pretty, just the look I was going for...


After the mobile was complete, my Mom sent me some aqua fabric with birdies all over it. I wanted to incorporate it into the room so I made a new birdie and replaced one of the pink ones.

But I found a great home for the extra pink birdie on the girls' closet doorknob...


I will be joining these parties this week. Come check them out!

See you next week for Part 3! Have a happy Tuesday!


13 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style September 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Aaaah! So sweet. Those are adorable! Well done. :-)

Melissa B. September 28, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

aww very cute! i think I will do this for my sister in law. She had a boy but is expecting a girl now. I think her mobile has balls on it.

Tara @ Tara Being Tara September 28, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Tiffany, I love this! Think of how many different looks you could make just by changing the fabric of the birds! It's darling...

Unknown September 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I love your mobile. I did a bird themed room for our daughter (9 and a half weeks old) too. I wish I knew how to sew because I really love how cute the little stuffed birdies are. Here is a link to the mobile I made my daughter, hope you like it. http://always-in-wonder.blogspot.com/2010/09/bird-and-bird-cage-mobiles.html

The Autocrat: Haley September 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

So much cuter! Great job!

Michelle September 28, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

So cute! I wanted to do something like that, but couldn't find the plastic mobile top for a price that I liked... so I ended up making my own version since we were on such a tight budget.
http://throughmichelleslense.blogspot.com/2010/02/one-with-some-more-show-tell.html
I guess great minds think alike! :)

Patrice September 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

SOO cute. I loved those birds the first time with your sweet 'big girl's' toy, but this is fabulous too!

Victoria ObSEUSSed September 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Great idea. You've inspired me. I'm doing my baby's room in owls and I have an old mobile I can change out so I think I'm going to try and sew some like you showed. Victoria, www.obSEUSSed.com

Natosha September 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Very Very cute!! I made a mobil of my own, too!

Erin A October 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

These are beautiful!! The room looks so soothing and sweet, I'm loving seeing the details all come together!!

April October 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Cute! Love the birdies!

Michaela October 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

So adorable!! I love the flower printed bird (: So sweet!

~Stopping by from Motivate Me Monday
XO, Michaela

Sandy Ang October 5, 2010 at 5:41 AM  

Thanks for the inspiration !

Related Posts with Thumbnails