Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baby & Big Girl Room - Part 1 - The Banner

Hello, friends of Lemon Tree! I am so happy to be back. I hope you enjoyed the great guest posts by Wendy & Kristen and the archives from my family blog. I have been busy with this little lady and loving every minute of her newborn sweetness...


We did not know that she was a girl until she came out and we were thrilled. I was secretly (or not so secretly) hoping for a girl and had already been dreaming of plans for making over Avery's room since they would be sharing. I posted about this room awhile back here and since then it has undergone a pretty serious transformation that I cannot wait to share with you all...


A lot of love and thought went into this room so I can't just share it all in one post. So this will begin my baby and big girl room series...

The main inspiration for this room came from these blocks and specifically this one piece of scrapbook paper I used to make these blocks. I shared these blocks on my family blog because I made a boy set and a girl set as I eagerly awaited the arrival of baby #3. I just loved the colors used to make the girl blocks and I loved, loved, loved this scrapbook paper with a clothesline and birdies all over it. It made me smile.


I went on a super fun trip to Hobby Lobby and Jo-Anns to find the perfect fabric for the room. Somehow I found exactly what I had in mind. Things just kind of fell into place the whole time I was designing this room and who doesn't love when that happens?

Part 1 of this series begins with one of my favorite features in the room...the pennant banner made from this beautiful fabric...


I have seen banners all over the place and I am a big fan. I have seen so many different versions. Here is how my simple little banner came to be...

I cut out a paper triangle, pinned it to my fabric, and cut it out with pinking shears...


So, I had these beautiful triangles that were just pretty to look at...


I had some pink grosgrain ribbon that I folded in half and ironed to keep it that way...


I layed out the triangles in a pattern that I was happy with and slipped them inside the ribbon and pinned them in place...


The final step was to zig-zag stitch the ribbon to the triangles to create a banner...


It was originally going to hang on the crib but then I found an even better place for it...


I cannot wait to show you every detail. I had too much fun with this baby and big girl room. I kind of wish I was the one sleeping in it!

I will be linking up to these parties this week! Hope to see you there!

Also, don't forget to enter the Cutting Edge Stencil Giveaway here!

Oh, and stay tuned for Part 2 of the series!

15 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style September 21, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!

And what an absolutely GORGEOUS baby girl. SOOOOO sweet. I'm feeling not a small bit broody now.

Theroom looks lovely with your bunting and I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Melissa B. September 21, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Congrats!! I am newly wed but this makes me excited to have a baby someday.. sooner. Luckily my best friend and sister in-law are both pregnant so perhaps I will help them with their baby nursery decor! Thanks for sharing! I love the flag idea.. soo adorable.

Proper Prim September 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

Congratulations Tiffany, your little one is absolutely gorgeous. I am sure she will bring a lot of joy to your life.

Love the banner idea... what a great way to add come colour to a room. Great job.

Have a great day...

Hugs, Deb

Page September 21, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I just love your taste Tiffany...and you're right, the colors of those blocks are too cute. I love the sweet, adorable banner! I am so anxious to see the rest of the room! :)

Page September 21, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I just love your taste Tiffany...and you're right, the colors of those blocks are too cute. I love the sweet, adorable banner! I am so anxious to see the rest of the room! :)

Erin A September 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

How fun Tiffany!! It looks gorgeous! I love the colors and patterns on the banner, and it looks beautiful against the walls. What a beautiful and fun new wall color!!

I agree, I can't wait to see the rest! You've certainly been busy. :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas September 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Congratulations! LOVE her name!! Mia Grace....beautiful! The room is adorable! Can't wait to see more!

Lou Cinda :)

Amnah September 21, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Congratulations on your baby girl. She's precious.

Love your banner. I made one similar recently but yours is certainly neater.
Banner

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe September 21, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

What a precious baby girl!!

I love your banner - I attempted one, but your approach looks WAY easier - maybe another day I'll give another one a whirl! :)

Carol September 21, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

That baby is adorable... and it looks like the girls' bedroom is going to be sweet, also!

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

The Autocrat: Haley September 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Super cute baby and super cute banner!

decor4poor@blogspot.com September 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Look at you, it looks awesome. You are lucky to have a littly girly room.

Patrice September 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

I love all of the calming colors in here! Those blocks are just to die for too!

Carri September 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Very cute! We're redoing my daughter's room and she'd probably love something like this! Thanks for sharing.

Mad in Crafts October 4, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

This was one of my favorite links from last week's Mad Skills party so I will be featuring it this morning.

madincrafts.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails