Thursday, October 28, 2010

Small Memo Boards

I will be honest and say that the project I have to share with you today is so simple, I am almost embarrassed to even share a tutorial on it! I made it a while back to serve a purpose in our office and never really intended for it to be a project. However, with the holiday's quickly approaching I started thinking it might make a nice simple gift for a friend or teacher, so here it is. An 8x10 memo board.
The materials I needed for this project literally came from my scrap bucket. Left over fabric, left over batting, an old frame with a broken glass insert, and a folder. That's it!
First I cut the folder down to an 8x10 size (I used a folder because it was sturdy as well as handy.) Then, I mounted the quilter's batting onto the folder using hot glue (of course!).Next, I cut the fabric to size and hot glued it to the folder over the batting as well.
Finally, I used a regular black paint pen to add our initial and personalize it. Then I just simply popped it back into the frame. Simple, simple, simple.
I found some decorative push pins at a local "everything" store and used my new framed memo board in just the right office spot. What do you think? Do you have any scrap fabric lying around that could be transformed into a last minute gift? My frame is a little boring, I can just imagine the possibilities if you actually went out and purchased specific materials!

I'll be linking to these parties this week. Hope to see you there!

Happy Thursday!

19 comments:

Debbie Corbari October 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM  

Wow! Shazam! LOVE THIS! You think its BORING? SIMPLE? I LOVE IT! TFS!

Stitch a Wish Designs October 28, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

I love it too, perfect gift for teachers and I have LOTS of scrap fabric and frames!! Awesome idea, thank you for sharing!!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape October 28, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

It's so pretty!

Unknown October 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

I agree with the other commenters! This is super fantastic and totally tutorial worthy!! Good way to use up scraps, and I'm loving it as a teacher's gift!!

Kindra-At Home With K October 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Just reading the other comments...it sure would be a great teacher gift!

Love this idea! You could do this in a windowpane as well!

Mindy October 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Love it!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ October 28, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Love this idea and how cute for not only teacher's gifts but my 11 year old daughter would love doing this along with me for her friends for Christmas! Thanks for sharing! I love simple! :)

Have a great Thursday!
Tammy

Maria Babin October 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

yes, simple, but you've got that magic touch that makes everything look so classy!

Jessica October 28, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Cute and fun! Thanks for sharing!

Kate Fredrickson October 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

I think it's great and the plain frame ties it all together nicely! Can't wait to try it!

Tiffany October 28, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Definitely not boring! The "B" is adorable, the fabric great, and the pushpins are perfect! It's a great project! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous October 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

I LOVE this!! What did you put the "B" on with?

Annie October 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

i love it!! some day my crafty side will come out again ;) when it does i must make one of these!!

Unknown October 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown October 29, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

cute project, the little note looks like it was made by MEllen

Erin A October 29, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Great idea! Looks so cute!

Amy Meyer October 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

That is a beautiful board! Thanks for sharing!

Shopper Gal November 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

What a cute board! Love it :)

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Unknown November 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

i'm such a beginner at crafts... this is the perfect level for me! i'm going to make one for my sister for christmas :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails