Friday, October 8, 2010

Picture Pawfect

My poor pooch has this drab corner of our house allotted for his food and water bowl. It is so boring, one piece of art work, a walking stick (used to hang his stocking on for Christmas) and that's pretty much it. Well, have a look for yourself.


I mean I love this print and all, but, Moose deserves a bit more than this I think.



Recently, I have been noticing how much I love the colored, mixed matched sized frames. So, why not make a little pet corner for the Moose? After all, these frames are cheap and fabulous--if you purchase them from Homegoods, TJMaxx, and Marshalls like I did!



First, I laid my prints on the floor to get an idea of space and how I wanted to place them. A little to "boxy" on this try. Don't you think? Plus I was looking to extend this project from the bottom to the top of the windows..this wasn't going to work.



Trial 2: Ah-ha! Perfect. An elongated version of the first try and hey look, Moose is even checking out how awesome he looks in all these photos.



Now, to start hanging them on the wall. I started from the bottom up just to keep my spacing in tact and to make sure everything would fit nicely. I was immediately excited after the first piece hung. (Why hadn't I done this before?)



I love this print (rt), a couple of years ago Moose was in Live Spa magazine and this was the photo featured..the cute robe was ours to keep!



Lastly, I quickly printed a greyhound coloring page onto scrapbook paper and wrote "happiness is a warm puppy," cut it out and placed it in the last frame for the finishing touches.



As you can see, everything fit just as exactly as planned! I also ran across the monogrammed M in that terrific green and had to have that!



Moose can now enjoy his dinner in style and I can enjoy looking at my new display of happiness...my love sponge!

Have a great weekend and check out other great blogs here!

The DIY Show Off


21 comments:

Pink Princess October 8, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

Haha cute, I bet he is peeking at himself now and again while having his dinner. My cat Pinky also has a BOOOOORING space to eat her dinner, maybe I should try this as well....

Unknown October 8, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

I love it!!!

Tiffany October 8, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

Looks great, Jessica! I love the "happiness is a warm puppy". Too cute. He looks happy with his newly decorated space! : )

Patrice October 8, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Those are some great frames! What a great way to freshen up Moose's wall. I love it!

amy (fearless homemaker) October 8, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

this is so cute! my pup skylar has a similarly boring corner + i'd love to dress it up like this. thanks for the idea! she's actually featured on my blog today, too - it must be furry friend friday! =) amy @ www.fearlesshomemaker.com

Melissa October 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

What a great idea! I love the frames and how it's all for Moose!

Perfectly Jenn October 8, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

I just fell in love with this idea!! I think I may have to figure out a way to incorporate this idea into our home.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

this is great!!! my pup, bear, is going to be so jealous!

Erin A October 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

What a great little corner!! Frame galleries can be tough but you've totally nailed it. Looks great.

Lelan @ Good Gravy! October 8, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Very cool idea. You're right...our furry little kids need photo love, too!

Veronica October 9, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

This is so cute! Love the idea! Those mis-match frames look amazing clustered together.
Is Moose an Italian Greyhound? He looks like he could be as he looks a little like our Twiggy, though she is grey.

Mrs. Brittany October 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

what a great idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Now I'll have to do that for my pups! yea! I can't wait! :)

Envymycooking October 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

we have a free beadboard giveaway going on now

Andrea | HomageStyle.com October 10, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Love it! You're so clever with color!

Melissa October 10, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

How Cute! Wow, my mind is reeling with dog art projects now. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sure Moose is thrilled.

Be Colorful Coastal October 11, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Great idea and Moose has to love it and want to show off for all of his friends.
Glad you didn't go with the first layout though.
The M next to just two frames in the same row looked like MOO to me. :)
Hugs,
Pam @ becolorful

Amy October 11, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

So cute! Is he a whippet? We just adopted two of them from a rescue place and love them!

Lauren @ 31diy October 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Aww...this is a great project! And I love your cute little dog. I have two dogs of my own that I love more than words can express. :)

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House October 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

dying right now! so awesome. and thank you for reminding me that my dog's corner is in no way representative of him. i better get on that ;-)Nice Work!!

-Dani

Anonymous October 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

aw I love this!! moose is very special!!

Be Colorful Coastal October 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

Again, a fun vignette and project. Thanks for linking it to Motivated Monday at Becolorful.
Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails