Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby & Big Girl Room - Part 3 - The Clothesline

Remember I told you these blocks were inspiration for the design of this room...


So, I bought two wooden circle plaques for $1.00 and spray painted them black...


I also bought an A (Avery) & M (Mia) knob from Hobby Lobby and had my husband put them into the wooden circles. He then screwed the wooden circles right into the wall for me. I attached a pink grosgrain ribbon to each of them and that became my clothesline...


My sister had given me a pack of old fashioned clothespins at one point that I was saving for just the right project. This was it.

I then found some simple and cute things to hang from the clothesline. I used a plain white baby t-shirt, baby bloomers, a cute burp cloth...


an old baby dress that was mine, and some leftover pink toile fabric...


I was so excited when I finally found just the right things to go up on the clothesline...


And the best thing about this part of the room is that can be changed at any time. I can put up different clothes, linens, or fabric. As they get older, I can replace the clothes with photographs and/or artwork they create. Gotta love a versatile decoration, especially in a growing kids room.

I will be linking up to these parties this week!

Happy Tuesday! I'll be back tomorrow with part 4 out of 5 in the series!

16 comments:

Jessica October 5, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Tiffany this is so cute! I'm trying to find a way to use this in an adult room!

Tiffany October 5, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Jessica, I think it would be awesome to hang large photographs from the clothesline, maybe black & whites with white borders? That is the way I picture it and probably what the future of the girls clothesline will hold! : )

emerzim October 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

My 4 year old has an art string made of twine and clothespins. Same idea, but yours is so much cuter!

Emmary October 5, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

LOVE THIS!!! I will be doing this in my daughter's room!

Joseph's Grainery Recipes October 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

I love that you used a dress from when you were a baby, so sweet!

Amy Meyer October 5, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

So cute! I love the monogram knobs as well! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous October 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

TIffany, the room is looking so good. I really like the clothesline. I am trying to come up with a similar idea for our dining room, so your project is helping my wheels turn. ALso, liked the mobile last week. It turned out really cute. Miss you all! -Julie

Julie October 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Okay, didn't do something right. The last "anonymous" comment was from your sister-in-law, Julie. :)

Wendy October 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

This is such a cute idea! Love it!

TBonesMom October 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Beautiful with a side of adorable!

Hanna October 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Wednesday link up. Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

LOVE your blog design

Becky October 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

That is such a cute, simple idea! I love it!

Lynn October 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Very cute and very versatile idea :)

Lei October 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

So very cute!!!

Patrice October 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Love this idea! I need to think of a way to use it!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Very cute! I love the initials on the knobs. Any idea where your sister got the clothes pins? They are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails