Friday, October 22, 2010

Edible Pumpkin Bracelet

Halloween is second to my favorite time of year! The decorations, costumes, scary tours and yummy treats! Speaking of yummy treats..my edible bracelet can be transformed from eye candy to a snack at the end of the day (only if you dare).


All you need is a few pieces of Mellowcreme Pumpkins, a needle and thread and some cute ribbon.


Begin by carefully threading the needle through the pumpkin candy.


I used nine pieces for my particular bracelet (that might be me being stingy with the candy for a later snack..he..he). You can adjust your bracelet to the length you wish... possibly make a matching necklace!



Once the candy has been threaded, you'll want to tie the ends together and cut your ribbon.


Tie the ribbon in between each piece of candy. One or two pieces can be tied..depending on the space between the pumpkins.



Such a cute, festive bracelet added to my fall attire. (edible bracelets all year round with the help of all of that seasonal candy that comes out for every occasion; a different bracelet for every holiday... The reindeer food for xmas would be so cute! I can't wait to make it! Stay tuned.)

I also think this would be a great teacher gift, a nice addition to a treat bag, a cute wine bottle tie-on, a necklace as mentioned above or possibly a candle tag. I can't wait to see your bracelets show up on Flickr.

Happy Friday Folks, don't forget to check out these other great blogs that I'll be linking up to. Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown October 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I can't believe this post! I came home from Target and unloaded my bag. Apparently I bought someone else's bag of candy just like this. It's on my receipt so I now own them. Was thinking, "what the heck will I do with these." Now I know. Thanks for giving me my "after nap" activity with my four year old daughter. She will go nuts. Have a great weekend.

Erin A October 22, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Cute! I wouldn't make it too far with this necklace, I'd be eating the beads!

Patrice October 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Cute! There are about a million reasons I can think of to make one of those, parties, teachers, kids. Fun!

Tiffany October 23, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I bet your students love that bracelet! What a cute and fun idea! My Avery would LOVE to make one of these!
Thanks for sharing!

Dannyelle October 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

What a cute project, I'm sure any candy lovers would love it! Visiting from www.lifeisaparty.ca

Melissa October 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Well, I tried this because it looks so incredibly cute and simple. Well, cute it is.... simple it is NOT! There is no way that my kids could do this. I could hardly get the needle through the pumpkins without poking holes in my fingers. Then after my hard work trying to string the pumpkins they would then break off as I was trying to tie the pretty ribbons. I finally gave up on it and just ate it.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide October 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Very cute idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails