Thursday, September 30, 2010

Farmer's Market Spoils

This weekend was the first official weekend in fall. I was loving it! My family and I sat out to enjoy all that we could in town with the nice, crisp fall weather. Of course, our first Saturday morning stop was the local farmer's market. And let me tell you, I cleaned up! With less than $20.00, I walked away with 7 pumpkins, 4 gourds, and 10 flower stems. What a steal! Follow me along on my journey and check out all of my farmer's market spoils, as well as some projects I did around the house using my acquired goodies.

The downtown Lexington Farmer's Market:




My spoils:

Project #1, a gourd vase:

Just carve it out like a little pumpkin, insert small bud vase, fill with water and flowers of choice!



Project #2, a turquoise inspired fall table display:

Ingredients: small ghost pumpkins, one awesome giant gray lacquered pumpkin, feathers, turquoise painted pumpkins and some fabulous candle sticks.

It's amazing what awesome goodies you can find right in your own town, just when you take the time to get out and look. Do you have a local market you can hit up this weekend? I promise you won't leave disappointed!

I'll be linking to these parties, Happy Thursday!


12 comments:

Nicole Joelle September 30, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

I love the idea! It's so simply and fun :) I may have to go pick up a gourd!

Unknown September 30, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

That groud vase is the cutest idea I've seen yet. You know I'm going to try one of these for the last of my Zinnias... Perfect.

Tanya September 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I love the turqoise on the table..so cute, and such a different color for fall. Very pretty!

Unknown September 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

I love the gourd vase idea. Looks like an amazing farmer's market!

Erin A October 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

I love these! Love that gourd vase, it never would have occurred to me to carve out a smaller pumpkin-no idea why though! Looks great!

ARK October 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

LOVE! I'm so excited to grow Jaradale pumpkins next year to try to get something akin to your grey pumpkin...LOVELY

Lori@Paisley Passions October 1, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

So gorgeous!!! Thanks for linking this one up to Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions! I do hope you'll be back again soon :)

~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

Angie@Echoes of Laughter October 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Really gorgeous! Love it!! Have a great week girls! Angie xo

Reunion Committee October 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

So so LOVELY. I love it all.
Great job
~Tana

Nesty Girl October 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

So pretty! I just love pumpkins and gourds!

I'm visiting from JSIWU. Have a great week!

Megan Gunyan October 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Great idea! I've been seeing these gray pumpkins all over the place and I love 'em. So cute!
I'd love for you to check out my giveaway going on now! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/10/felt-headband-giveaway.html
Have a great day!

Michelle October 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

I love it! Sooo cute!

- Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

Related Posts with Thumbnails