Friday, September 10, 2010

Halloween Paper Tree

Ahh...my favorite time of year is fast approaching...Halloween! In order to prepare for the festivities, I have started to bring out old decorations and make a few new things in preparation for the upcoming celebrations.



Any type of styrofoam shape could work for this craft; wreath, cone, balls, topiary (that would be super cute...hmm) etc. 2-sided scrapbook paper, pearlized stick pins and some scissors.



First, trim your paper in small strips around 5 to 6 inches long; you will need quite a few (hundreds..depending on the size cone you choose to buy)



Simply curl the paper over (do not bend) press the pin through both pieces of paper.



Start approx. 1 inch from the bottom of the cone and begin trimming your tree with paper by pressing the pin in the foam.



Once you get the hang of it continue working, alternating patterns of your choice.



Continue this process until the entire cone in covered and you are satisfied with the results.



I found this pack of Halloween themed paper at Michael's Craft Store. I adore the patterns and characters.



Once I finished my piece, I sat it on an old tray, brought out one of my old pumpkins to spruce it up a bit...and I always have to throw in a monogram of some sort. :)

I also thought this would be great for Christmas (which I will most likely do), even the Yo Yo Pin would be a cute addition to the cone.

I can't wait to see some of your photos show up on Flickr. Check out these great blogs as well, see you next time.

The DIY Show Off


Visit thecsiproject.com

19 comments:

Patrice September 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

This is great! I can think of a million holidays I would like to use this for. Your's turned out so cute!

Erin A September 10, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

So cute Jessica!! I love how you can re-use the cone too. And I LOVE the little Jones addition at the bottom.

Nicole September 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Very cute!!! I am going to do these as Christmas gifts for all of my kids' teachers! LOVE the monogram balls! Thanks for a great idea!

Alyssa September 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

I love this spooky tree! So easy and quick! Thanks for sharing this great idea that can be created for all seasons/Holidays;)Alyssa of Boston Bee

Envymycooking September 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

So cute just found this blog.. love it

Taylor-Ann September 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

What a cute idea. Love it!

Anonymous September 10, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Love it! Can't wait to start mine this weekend!

Tiffany September 10, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Such a fabulous idea! Love it with on the tray with the jones balls!

Dannyelle September 11, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

I really like your ideas, and how easily you could change it to fit any colour decor. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dannyelle at www.lifeisaparty.ca

Christy September 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

This is just too cute!

Unknown September 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

SO DANG CUTE AND CREATIVE. So glad you linked it up. Thanks, love it. Jen

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures September 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Hi fellow blogger, Love your idea..so much you can do with this idea. I think a Christmas wreath or tree would look good using old Christmas cards:-) Thanks for sharing.

. September 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

That is fantastic!! And could be made for any occassion or holiday really. Thanks for sharing!!

Brittany September 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

This is so cute! I've been looking for some cute fall projects!

Visiting from It's So Very Cheri!

-Brittany
www.mommyscornerdiy.blogspot.com

Anonymous September 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

I'm so ready for fall. Adding this to my list. Also would you be willing to show how you did the balls also. They would look great in an apothecary jar with numbers on them. Lotto balls!

Tiffany September 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I REALLY LOVE this!!!
Great idea!

Tiffany September 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I REALLY LOVE this!!!
Great idea!

Anonymous September 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Very cute! Great project. Thanks for sharing. I will be linking to your great project.
Brooke
thecraftcave.blogspot.com

TLF September 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

I shared this project on my blog today. I hope you don't mind.
http://www.peaceloveapplesauce.com/2010/09/things-to-try-thursday-halloween-paper.html

xoxoxo :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails