Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stenciled Accent Wall

After Erin debuted her craft-room wall stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but get caught up in a stenciling frenzy. I decided that what my living room makeover really needed was an accent wall, and I found just the right stencil over at Cutting Edge. For my first stenciling project, I took on their Allover, Hourglass Stencil. I loved it! Please check out my step by step picture tutorial, and be sure to stop back by tomorrow as I review this awesome product and do a giveaway for your very own stencil from Cutting Edge.

Take a look at the before and after: Can you believe how 'blah' it looked before?


This project was quick and easy. It took us about 2 hours from set up to tear down. Here is how we did it:

1) Tape the stencil in place. After you level it once, it levels itself the rest of the way through!

2) Roll over the stencil with a great foam roller from Cutting Edge to acheive your desired darkness.

3) Use the built in leveling tools to do it all over again, until you've covered your wall!

4) Admire how quick and easy the project was.



I really do love how clean the lines came out. We chose a very geometric pattern, and it seems to give our living room just the boost it needed! We also used a semi gloss paint, and I love the way the light bounces off the accent at night. Even my husband is in love with this project, which means it is a real keeper!

I'll be linking to these parties this week, so be sure to stop by and join me.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a great Cutting Edge Stencil Giveaway, they are sure to have something perfect for your home too!

19 comments:

Erin A September 16, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Wow, it looks gorgeous!!! What a statement! Seriously, beautiful choice and the colors look great!

Handbags*and*Pigtails September 16, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

What a subtle, but beautiful impact!Love it:)

Tiffany September 16, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

WOW! Looks amazing! Love the statement and the way it looks in your living room! Fabulous! I want that wall in my house! Gorgeous!

M.O.T.B September 16, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

This looks fabulous! What a great idea! This is why I blog to get ideas I never would have thought of myself!

Unknown September 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

I LOVE this idea and the end result is truly amazing. Only 2 hours? It seems SOOO worth it!

Jessica September 16, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Love the color choice..so elegant and perfect for your cozy home.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} September 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

That looks awesome! That wall definitely needed that!

Megan September 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

LOVE IT!

Crafty Girls Workshop September 16, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I love it! I also love that it matches your blog! Wow, only two hours it looks like it would take a ton more than that! Great work, thanks for sharing!

Anna

Michaela September 17, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

This totally rocks! I love the wall. You did a super good job (:

~Michaela

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe September 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

I can't believe you got it done that quickly~ It looks great!
another friday's favorite for sure :-)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe September 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

I can't believe you got it done that quickly~ It looks great!
another friday's favorite for sure :-)

Donene September 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

It looks fabulous! I love that stencil!
Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513
You might have to copy and paste it into your browser.

Debra September 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

That turned out great!!

Lindy September 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM  

Love the stenciled wall. Looks clean and fresh. Good idea using the roller to getter done!

Rocio @ Casa Haus September 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

I love it! It looks fresh and so chic!

Unknown September 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Is it just coincidence that it the wall looks remarkably similar to your blog background? (heehee)

Fantastic job - and I say that with the utmost awe. I am totally, utterly stencil-challenged. I gave it up years ago, which makes me admire projects like this all the more.

Would love for you to stop by Sunday and link it up to Passion for Paint.

Pink Prayer Journal September 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Ohmygosh I wish i was 1% as creative as you are. What a blessing you are to your husband!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com October 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

I LOVE what you did. and you make it seem so easy! :) I just put together a post sharing about you, your project and this fabulous blog! it'll be up later this week! ps. what paint color is that?? i might snoop around some more to see if i can find out. it's lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails