Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tutu Stool

A few months ago my husband and I discovered a new obsession of our daughters, low seating. This included clearing off the bottom shelf of every store we went into, so that she could have a seat. We would be at Target and she would remove every box of cereal she could get her hands on to make room for her little bottom. So, we decided we should accommodate her new needs at home. After picking up an unfinished stool at a local craft store for around $6.00, I made her this:



I'll mostly let the pictures speak for themselves, since they are pretty easy to follow!





I used a black paint pen to personalize the stool...





I glued a little tutu on, using hot glue, just to make it extra "girly" for my little princess.



Unfortunately it was still a little drab. So, I added a scalloped edge and some left over ribbon.





And there you have it. Sweet and very simple. I think the best part is that it's the perfect size for my little one, and probably yours too!



I'll be linking this to the CSI Turquoise Challenge.

Visit thecsiproject.com

15 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite September 2, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

This is adorable. I love unexpected uses for tulle!

Jessica September 2, 2010 at 6:25 AM  

Any size chair is always a friend of mine. Laurelei and I are sure to be friends. The stool is adorable.

Danielle Leal September 2, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

aw how cute! I love it!

Unknown September 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

So cute! I am so glad to know that my daughter is not the only one who clears off the store shelves for a place to sit! She loves to climb onto a shelf for a seat. I've never been able to figure it out. Thanks for sharing, it was a totally cute idea!

Courtney September 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

That has to be the cutest little girl (and little girl stool!) ever.

Katie September 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

First of all love the name Laurelei! 2nd I had something similar to this when I was a kid, and when I was too big to sit it in, it was transformed into a step stool for brushing the teeth and such. Great Idea! My little cousins are getting one from me.

Taylor-Ann September 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

cute idea. I'm short (5'1) and need a stool for my closet. This would be perfectly cute instead of using my sons blue plastic Target stool.

Jensamom23 September 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Very cute and clever!

Kari September 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Such a CUTE idea for your precious daughter! I'm telling you, I think she gets CUTER every time I see her!!!

Anonymous September 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

great idea, any little girlie would love this I bet! I'm wondering if I have any chairs or stools around the house I can use this idea on...

Here from tidymom, happy friday!

Sue September 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

This is absolutely ADORABLE! Great idea!

My Dream Canvas September 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

This is beautiful!! I m hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

Lori@Paisley Passions September 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Too cute! What a little doll she looks like when she is sitting on it! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again next week :)
~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

Unknown September 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

I linked to this beautiful stool in my Friday Favorites...

http://www.laniejandco.com/2010/09/friday-favorites-91610.html

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious September 17, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

What a sweet idea and a sweet little daughter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails