Friday, September 24, 2010

Sequin and Rosette Pumpkins

In preparation for my FIRST EVER HALLOWEEN HOUSE PARTY I have been making odds and ends to sit around for decorations. I picked up these white pumpkins at Michael's craft store, some sequin on a string and some felt...add hot glue and ta-da. Sparkle meets fuzzy..and I like it.





Cut the sequin in small strips. Place them on the pumpkin starting at the stem. Use the hot glue to secure the sequence, the spirals make it fun and will add for a nice pattern effect.






Continue cutting small strips until you've covered the entire pumpkin to your liking.





The next thing I did was add rosettes to another pumpkin. I used Patrice's Oversized Rosette Pillow as my guide, however, my rosettes are much smaller.





Lastly, I decided to combine the two; hence sparkle meets fuzzy...and I like it. I even think the sequins and rosette resemble a spider web from a distance.

I placed them on my coffee table, the mantle, kitchen table. Who knows where these pumpkins will land Halloween Night, all I know is that I'm excited to add them to the party list as one of my completed projects!

I'll be linking up to these great parties and keep posting to Flickr as well. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Patrice September 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

Love these! The sequins really pop!!

Lori September 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Ooooh. Me likey. So cute and the color combinations are endless. Tres chic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails