Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ABC Baby Shower

Let me just say that if I worked at Dunder-Mifflin, I would definitely want to be a part of the Party Planning Committee. I love to plan parties and showers. I got the honor of planning my sister-in-laws baby shower that was over 2 years ago now. I had so much fun! It was their first baby and they did not know what they were having. I am inspired daily by the many creative blogs I read, so I thought I would share some ideas that might possibly inspire someone else.

Here are a few ideas for an ABC themed shower planned on a dime (most of these ideas could also work for a kid's birthday party too)...

Let a few balloons just let hang from the ceiling to add color and fun to the room...


Menu: Alphabet Pretzels, colorful fruit salad, cupcakes with sprinkles, cheese and crackers

Decor: Alphabet blocks, pictures of the mom and dad to be, cut-out letter stickers scattered on the table, balloons, letter stickers on plain white cups


Favor: ABC cookies (sugar cookie ready made dough cut into letter shapes and colored icing out of a baggie corner to outline the cookies)

Packaging: I printed off a little message for the top of the bag on regular printer paper. I cut the top of a baggie off and then stapled the paper onto the bag, punched a hole on top and there you have it...an easy to carry take home treat for guests...


Drinks: I purchased some colorful bottled sodas (all caffeine free for the mom-to-be) , placed them in a silver bucket, and put magnetic letters on the outside to continue with the theme...


Game & Prize: I placed a letter "H" (the first letter of the baby's last name) on the bottom of one of the plates. The person that got that plate received a black stamp pad and a set of rubber alphabet stamps tied up in a ribbon. The stamp pad was cheap and I used a 40% off coupon at Michaels for the stamps.


It was a fun and simple baby shower...just food, gifts, and conversation. I always love to hear great party ideas, so please do share!

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

Lelan @ Good Gravy! September 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

You pretty much had me at the cookie favors. Ridiculously clever.

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch September 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

That is such a cute theme! I love the drink bucket with the magnets! So clever!

Erin :)

Heidi September 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

SUPER cute theme! Thanks for sharing the great ideas!

baby gifts September 8, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

That was the cutest and most creative baby shower EVER! Everything is just great. I love all the details. I'm so glad you shared all of this with us. Thank you so much! :)

TBonesMom September 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

One word: INCREDIBLE!

Ashley Houck September 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

tiffany,

i just did an ABC bridal shower...i loved how yours turned out! will hopefully post about it soon. come check me out I just did a post on my craigslist love of selling stuff! :-)

{The Appraiser's Wife}
www.rahouck.blogspot.com

Baye September 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

I get so jealous when someone takes perfectly simple things and turns them into something incredible. I'm really jealous right now. Thanks for sharing!

Erin A September 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Such a fun shower!! I love those cookies in the baggies, just adorable!! Great job. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails