Wednesday, November 2, 2011

White Monogram Canvas {Pinterest Inspired}

 It's no surprise that we all get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest these days. I mean, how could we not? Lately, I have been seeing a ton of white canvas projects and have been dying to make my own. My favorite white canvas 'pin-spiration' to date has got to be this one:

It originated from a European store called 'Not on the High Street.' They have gorgeous personalized canvases with gorgeously high price tags to match. I figured I could attempt to make my own on the cheap, and while the outcome isn't quite as perfect as theirs, it was within my price-range. And I have to say, I am fairly pleased with the results anyway!
(Although I'll admit, it is a little rough around the edges and potentially slightly crooked?)
I purchased my supplies at Hobby Lobby, and had to sort through many letter options and sizes to find just the right combo. I settled on chipboard letters instead of wood. One reason being the wooden ones were simply HUGE or just completely the wrong font. Plus, the chipboard ones came in at a bargain. I had to purchase the M and P separately, but the small letters were packaged together in the scrapbooking section. Add a 50% off sale price and they came in at a steal!
The one real problem I ran into was that there was no ampersand to be found, in any font or material. So, I had to get creative there. I decided to use foam board. I stenciled out two ampersands from a print I made with my computer, then cut them with an exacto-knife. They were definitely a little rough around the edges to say the least. 
Luckily, a few coats of white paint hides the imperfections quite nicely. So, after hot-gluing my letters to the canvas, I painted till my heart was content. 
Like I said, my version isn't perfect, but it was fun to make.  I do wish I had spent a little time leveling my letters to make straighter. Ohwell, maybe you can do that is you feel inspired to give one a go yourself!
I have been wanting to create a sweet statement for our house lately. There is something about growing our family together that just makes me fall more in love with my husband everyday. It's nice to think about that every time I look at the wall.

Thanks Pinterest for the inspiration!

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Michelle {Daydream Believers} November 2, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

Your version looks great! :) The canvas that inspired yours, was one of the first things I "pinned"... it was one of those lightbulb moments, when I saw it and thought "why didn't I think of that?!" :)

Ruth November 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

Imperfections and all...I ADORE your version! I may just have to copy this...:) Thanks for the inspiration.

TBonesMom November 3, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

It's lovely...you did a really nice job.

TLF November 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

very pretty, i love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails