Monday, November 28, 2011

Pinterest Inspired Rag Ball Ornaments

Welcome to our week of Pinterest!! Have you made anything this month with Pinterest as your source of inspiration? Be sure to stop back by on Thursday and link it up at our Pinterest Linky Party!!

I had made up my mind that, due to a crazy November and December, I was not going to make any new holiday decorations this year. Then I saw these and that was completely out the window. I am crazy over the colors, fabrics and textures, and already had some in my stash, so there was no reason not to start on this as soon as humanly possible.

237213105342473965 fD0AAfTX c

source

Pint 5

I pulled out my scrap stash and was thrilled that I had some neutral linen and white burlap already in thin strips. Perfect.

Pint 3Pint 6

I grabbed some plastic ornaments in neutral colors, thinking that if the colors peeked out a but from underneath the scraps that it would be less noticeable than with green or red ornaments.

Pint 4

I wrapped a thin strip of fabric around each ball, layering them on top of on another and securing each end with hot glue. This was a really fast moving project since hot glue dries almost immediately.

Pint 1

As I worked I removed an ornament from the pedestal, covered it in fabric, and then put it back into the pedestal. I decided not to cover every ornament in the end because I like the mix of shabby chic rag balls and the glam of the glass ornaments. What do you think?

Pint 6

This project is so easy and a great way to dress up plain ornaments. What colors would you use?

Don't you just love Pinterest?! Me too! If you want to follow my boards, you can find me here.

Have a great week!!

E1025F317CFB5B8E9E5C526E5CC0F475 copy

3 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage November 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

Thank you for sharing! I love those ornaments!

Judi @ Frugal Frolic November 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

Thanks for sharing, these are beautiful, and easy (gotta love that!).

Tiffany November 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

Those ornaments are great! Love them mixed with the shiny ones! So fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails