Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Decorating with Books

My husband is a book fanatic. We literally have books stuffed and stashed in just about every corner of our tiny house. There isn't a book he's picked up that he has been able to part with yet. Since the bookshelves are full, I've been inspired to come up with more ways to incorporate books into our decor. The goal is to look a little less like a book hoarder and a little more purposeful.

We have this giant bookshelf full of my husbands book that is stuck in the nursery. We couldn't fit it in any other room in the house, and didn't want to just work around it. So, we incorporated it into the design. After seeing a holiday display at JCrew of all places that featured books turned backwards, we were inspired!
There are some books in our house that we can't necessarily get rid of, but removing the spines never hurt anyone, right? Last year I used some of these book bindings to create some conversational book art that we are pretty fond of.
And whatever became of those books who lost their binding? Here they are stacked with dust jackets reattached, adding just a hint of warmth and depth to a needy space.

Here are some great pictures I have found out in the design and blog worlds that I wanted to share too, wish I could take credit for design this fabulous!!!

via {House Beautiful}
You can find a world of inspiration by just googling 'decorating with books' and perusing the images there!

Have you used books in your decor? Upload your pictures to our Flickr account and share the inspiration. 

Happy Wednesday, and happy decorating to you too!

3 comments:

EmbellishedbyEmily September 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

I love your house! The colors are all so refreshing, kind of like a spa! My house is shades of gray and blue, too, so maybe I'm partial :) LOVE the decorating-with-books idea! I'll have to see how I can work that in somewhere :)

ileana September 7, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

I love the wall color in your nursery. Do you mind sharing the details? Thanks!

The Single Nester September 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Ahhh . . . books! Nothing like them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails