Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vintage Valentine's Table

I found these sweetest vintage Valentines at the same local antique store I purchased my awesome farm table.
So, I thought it was only fitting that I put the two to work together to create a sweet and vintage Valentine's table.
As I was working on putting my table together, I thought I would show you my first step one just to keep it real around here... So, first find your dining room table under the random useless stuff you've spent the last few days piling on...Next, I gathered a great tulip bouquet I snagged for $6, the last great remnants of some great flowers the hubby surprised me with, and one of every jar I could find in my house.The tulips went further than I could have expected! I was thrilled.
I arranged the flowers on my table, somewhat hap-hazardly for a natural feel.Can you tell I am IN LOVE with the way these flowers look in the sunlight in their glass vases on that farm wood table top? And for $6 a bouquet, I am going to be watching my grocers clearance section a little more closely this season...

Now, for the place settings, I pulled out some favorites, like my monogrammed plates from way back, some china tea cups, gorgeous pink spray roses and the vintage valentines.




I also added some interest to the napkins by scalloping basic pink dinner napkins and tying they up pretty with red ribbon.

Then, I just sat back and had a nice long look. Sure, the flowers will have to be changed out again closer to Valentine's Day, but I am sure by them I will be willing to spend a few extra bucks for a special family dinner.
Have you done any great Valentine's Day table displays? I would love for you to link them up to our flickr page on the side bar and share your fabulous ideas! In the meantime, I will be linking to these great parties this week. See you there!

Happy Thursday,

9 comments:

Tiffany February 3, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

Wow. Gorgeous. I have always loved those monogram med plates. And I love the vintage Valentine cards...the perfect touch! The flowers look amazing. Can I eat dinner with you at this table please? : )

Jessica February 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Um..I'm invited too! (I should hope!) Gorgeous!

Melissa N. February 3, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Lovely tulips....love the napkin idea also. Also love the table. Nice job!

Red Couch Recipes February 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

Your farm table would be such a fun table to set! Love the vintage Valentine's too -- so sweet. Great table and I love all the flowers in the various vases. Joni

Erin A February 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

Sooo pretty Patrice! Great job as always!

TBonesMom February 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

It's beautiful. That picture of the jar with just the stems is WONDERFUL! And those plates are still my absolute fav of yours...someday I hope to make some of my own!

Nice job and Happy Valentine's Day!

Alyssa February 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM  

I love the whole setting, especially the tulips. They're my favorite flower! One tip for keeping tulips from drooping - put a penny in the bottom of the vase - it keeps them upright for much longer!

Nicole @ Wohler's World February 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

I love it! I think my favorite jar was the one with the lid attached! Your table is beautiful, I love the plates too!

Rachel February 5, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Very cute! I actually have a bunch of old valentine's (like your's) that were my great grandma's! It is so fun decorating with them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails