Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Embroidered Bird {Silhouette Project}

This is a Silhouette project that can be done even if you DON'T own a machine.  All you have to do is download the Silhouette Studio software and purchase a .99 cent image online.  You can use the images in your library for anything and they can be printed from your computer.  

I have used this bird on a branch image before because I just really love it.  I put it on a blank page in my Silhouette Studio.  I sized it down a little in order to fit into a 5x7 frame.  


I used spray adhesive to adhere a piece of white fabric to cardstock and sent it through my printer.  Erin was the one to first show us the fabric printing trick.  I used it in this post and here I go again.


Now I had my image outline on my fabric.  I used my embroidery needle and black embroidery floss and began stitching away on the line.


Hand stitching takes awhile, of course but it is so worth it.  By the time I was finished, it was dark and late so I didn't get any super great pictures of the finished product.

I stuck my little birdie in a black frame and added it to the wall.


It was super fun to do and I love the look.  This will most likely become my new obsession so friends and family beware.  You could see something similiar under your Christmas tree.


I want to do a pumpkin now for fall and a tree for Christmas.  I also need to get some colorful thread and have all kinds of fun with this little craft.



If you haven't already, give it a try.  Anyone can do it and the possibilities are endless!  : )

Thanks for stopping by!  

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Lolly Jane October 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

love this. so simple and cute. an orange pumpkin would be adorable for fall. tfs! (:

Anonymous October 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM  

I love the bird. It is so cute and great frame

Ange October 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

I didn't realize I could do this..print it on paper or fabric. Where do I go to download the software? What is the cost?
Thanks for the great idea!

Tiffany October 31, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

Hi Ange! Thanks for your comment! Click on the Silhouette Studio link within this post to get to the download page for the software. It is free to download the software. The only thing you will pay for are the images you choose from their online store. They are usually 99 cents an image but go on sale at times too and there is a freebie each week. : )

Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails