Monday, October 3, 2011

Pinterest-Inspired Nursery Projects

Welcome to our first Week of Pinterest!

If you missed our Week of Pinterest post you can see the full details here, but, in a nutshell, the first week of every month will be dedicated entirely to Pinterest!

We all need an excuse to start actually doing some of those things that we are pinning for "one day," right?! Now is the time!

Here is what you can expect the first week of each month

- Monday through Wednesday, Tiffany, Patrice and I will each share a project that is Pinterest-inspired.

- On Thursday YOU will have a chance to show us how Pinterest has inspired you in our Pinterest Linky Party.

(It doesn't have to be a DIY project, it could be a recipe, a game you tried with your kids, a picture, anything so long as it originated from Pinterest!) We'll be pinning our favorites, so don't forget to link up!

- On Friday Jess will be doing a Best of Pinterest Roundup. Love it!


To start off I thought I would show you how Pinterest helped me with a few ideas for decorating my daughter's nursery.

I saw this adorable bookmark and fell in love. My son has spent tons of time reading in our laps and I know that his sister will be the same way, so I wanted to get this saying up in her room.

21500299 uazV4pLb c

source

I played around with several different fonts and layouts, but eventually used something similar to what was used on the bookmark in the first place. The frame was an unusual size, so I used fabric as a mat, and printed the saying on photo paper so that the red pattern from the fabric wouldn't show through. I sewed the bunting from fabric scraps that match Hannah's bedding, and hot glued the bunting to the back of the frame. I love this!

Nursery 1

Nursery 33

I had cardboard letters to spell out Hannah's name beside her crib, but I couldn't decide how to embellish them until I came upon this picture of a beautifully wrapped package.

35662997 OrTvxTkF c

source

I had already used doilies to make Hannah's mobile, so I thought this would be perfect. I cut out the center of some 5 inch doilies, and wrapped them around the letters, securing them with a glue stick. I used Command Strips to stick each letter to the wall, and framed them with an elegant but aged frame that I had purchased from a thrift store and re-sized.

Han 2

Nursery 12

I wanted just a bit more color beside her name, so I decided on some beautiful pom poms. Where better to find instructions than Pinterest?

45298707 8i6mXRUt c

source

They are light and lovely. And the pop of color is perfect.

Nursery 25

Don't you think?

Nursery 24

Come follow my pin boards here.

I'm really looking forward to Thursday!! I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!!

E1025F317CFB5B8E9E5C526E5CC0F475 copy

2 comments:

Stephanie October 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

I am glad to see that you get inspiration from Pinterest like I do! It may not be the same exact idea, but we probably wouldn't of thought of it if it weren't for Pinterest. Your daughter's sign is adorable, gonna pin it :)

Patrice October 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Love them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails