Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Documenting a New Arrival {Pinterest Style}

On September 20th my little family grew by 19.5 inches, and we were thrilled!
We were blessed with a beautiful baby boy named Abbott. He is perfect in every single way.

I have always regretted not documenting my daughter Laurelei's growth in an obvious way, and knew that this time around I didn't want to miss out on those monthly shots. Luckily, my baby pinboard on Pinterest came to the rescue in the perfect way...
Someone had pinned the perfect idea found on melange photography, by Mary Schannen. I loved the idea of the blocks and knew that I could create my own fairly easily. After finding a set of blocks at Marshalls for $0.70 I knew it was meant to be!
There were only 5 blocks in the set, so I had to get creative. In order to have all the numbers, I needed two of the blocks just for them. That only left 3 blocks for the word 'months.' I decided just to abbreviate and go with it. It wasn't ideal, but did I mention that it was only $0.70? :) The blocks were already the perfect distressed milky white, so all I had to do was cut out the numbers on my Silhouette machine and use the outline as a stencil.
I let the paint dry, peeled off the Silhouette stencil and voila, instant block set!
I am so in love with my newest little sweetie. I cannot wait to watch him grow over the next 12 months, documenting it along the way. We are over the moon!
You can read more about little Abbott's journey here, on little burlew our family blog.

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

Anonymous October 5, 2011 at 5:48 AM  

Oh gosh - how sweet!

Steph @ Birdhouse October 5, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

Great idea! And what a darling your newest arrival is!

TBonesMom October 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

a) That first picture is seriously the cutest thing!!
b) I love the month abbreviation...it's unique & that's makes it even better. :)

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com October 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

Congrats to you! He is darling! And I LOVE his name!

Tiffany October 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

Now that is perfect! He is so stinkin' adorable and these photos of him are amazing! I love the abbreviated months. So cool.

Tiffany October 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

Now that is perfect! He is so stinkin' adorable and these photos of him are amazing! I love the abbreviated months. So cool.

Erin A October 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

He's so sweet! The pictures are beautiful too.

What a steal on those blocks, your modifications were perfect! You made very good use of 5 of them. :)

Mary Schannen May 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM  

OH my goodness - those blocks are so cute! And so is your precious baby! Congratulations! And thanks for mentioning me!

-Mary Schannen
Mélange Photography

Related Posts with Thumbnails