Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fun Girly Pillows

I had too much fun last week making my graphic dishtowels by printing directly onto fabric.  So I went ahead and printed two of my other favorite images and then decided to make them into pillows for my sewing area at home.

I added a disclaimer to last weeks post and should remind you again that printing on fabric is for decorative purposes only.  You cannot wash the fabric or the ink will wash away.  These projects are not  super durable but it works for me since I like to change things up quite often.

I used images from the Silhouette Studio again.  Please remember that you DO NOT have to own a Silhouette machine to make the graphic dishtowels from last week or to make the pillows from this post.  Anyone can subscribe to the Silhouette Studio and download images of their choice.  Of course, there are a million + advantages to having the actual machine, but you can still partake in the fabulous images available at the Studio.

I pinned my printed fabric images to a piece of muslin and hand stitched them on.


I used a fun fabric leftover from my daughter's room to make the back of the dress form pillow.  I love it.


I then sewed my pillows together using the method you can find in this stuffed pillow tutorial.


I got a little sloppy with the finishing work because I was excited to get them done!


Seriously though, how cute is that dress form image?


And this sewing machine is even better.  LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.


They made a fun and girly addition to my sewing/blogging area.


These images also make super fun cards!  



Now that I think about it...I can imagine these images in a frame on the wall in my sewing area.  Oh, the possibilities.  Love it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be partying at these fabulous blogs this week!

Happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

Jessica April 26, 2011 at 6:19 AM  

Tiff! These are super cute! I adore the cards.

Olivia April 26, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Oh wow these are adorable!
Hugs,
Olivia

Olivia April 26, 2011 at 7:10 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
TBonesMom April 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

I love the designs & that pink fabric choice...how cute is that?! I didn't realize anyone could use the Silhouette design studio so thanks for that tip.

Erin A April 26, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Tiffany I LOVE these!! So so adorable. The girly fabric on one side and the muslin on the other looks amazing, and the designs are perfect too! Great idea!

Debra April 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Those are adorable!! Thanks for the tip about the Silhouette Studio- I had no idea. :)

Twigs and Twirls April 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twigs and Twirls April 26, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

These are adorable !!! I love your towels and cards too. I never knew that you could use Silhoutte Studio with a machine (I am currently saving for one of my own) Thanks for the tip, I can't wait to try it out.

Kari Sweeten April 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

I'm going to buy these images right now! Your projects are always so fabulous...thanks for sharing!

Patrice April 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

These are SO cute. I love those patterns!!

Unknown April 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

Love the images! I agree they would look great framed also!

http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/

Emilee April 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

Those images are great! I too think they would be great framed on the wall! (I'm actually doing something similar for my mom) Great job on the pillows they look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails