Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{Pinterest Inspired} Polaroid Magnets

One of my first days on Pinterest, I stumbled upon this adorable photo of mini polaroid magnets.  Are you kidding me?  It doesn't get much cuter than this.  It originates from the Ambrosia Creative Blog.  

photo from Ambrosia Creative Blog via Pinterest


I couldn't wait to make them!  Her tutorial was wonderful but I do not have Photoshop so I had to think of another way.

I bought these cheap wooden squares and rectangles at Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't sure which shape I wanted to use.  


I ended up choosing rectangle although I think either would work.

1.) Paint your squares or rectangles with white paint.

I painted the front, back, & sides.


2.) Choose your pics and size them down to fit on your chosen shape.

I copied my pics into a word document and sized them to 0.75" x 0.75".


3.) Print the pics and cut them out.


4.) Glue the pics in place.


5.) Apply a light coating of Mod Podge to protect the photo.


6.) Glue a heavy duty magnet to the back.


7.) Sit back and admire.  


8.) Last but not least, put them on your refrigerator or give them away for somebody else to admire!


Okay, I have to admit that my method does not deliver the same amazing results as the original tutorial I found through Pinterest

I still love them though. 

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

TBonesMom October 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

I love these...found them my first day on Pinterest as well. They are definitely on my to do list. :)

Tanya October 4, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

Yours turned out great. I don't have photoshop either so your tutorial is the way I will go:)

Patrice October 4, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Love this! SO easy and so cute!

Dezeray Jule October 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

gotta love pinterest! :) so cute and easy!

Erin A October 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

I love these! They're perfect!

Mags October 5, 2011 at 5:26 AM  

What a clever idea. This is definitely a much nicer idea than sticking photo's in an album. Will definitely try my hand at it

rhibrix2 October 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

What kind of paint did you use?

Tiffany October 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Hi rhibrix2! I just used white acrylic craft paint. I am sure that any white paint would do the trick since it is such a little area.

Thanks!
Tiffany

Related Posts with Thumbnails