Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bib Mania

I am officially participating in my first craft show in November.  My Mom, sister, and aunt already had a booth and they asked me to join them.  Woohoo!

My craft of choice???  Baby bibs.

After I made the pinwheel bib for my baby girl's first birthday party, I was hooked.  I have made 12 bibs so far, each one different and I have 11 more halfway done.  I typically get bored with the same project over and over which is why I am making each one unique.  It keeps the whole process fresh and exciting.  

I also decided to only use materials and supplies that I already have at home.  This allows me to use up some of those beautiful smaller scraps I have stashed away.  It also challenges me to make something pretty without buying anything new.  However, I did end up buying a yard of blue terry cloth for backing but only because it was on clearance for $3.  Couldn't pass that up.  

So for a total of $3, here is what I have come up with so far...


But, my dear LTC readers, I need your help please.  Since I am a rookie at this craft show thing, I am clueless as to what to charge for my bibs.


Will you please be honest and tell me what you think would be a fair price for these bibs?  What would you be willing to pay if you saw these bibs at a craft show???

Here are some of my favorites to give you a better look...


I love the button and ribbon closure because it allows me to throw in more fun details.  I love choosing the ribbon and button special for each bib.


I leave the raw edges simply because I am a fan and just love the added character.


Remember the ballerina shirt I showed you a few weeks ago?  I really loved it so I created a bib just like it!



I have quite the bib collection now so if you are one of my pregnant friends, act surprised when you get one of these as a gift and an Etsy shop full of bibs could possibly be in my future!



Thanks so much for your input on pricing these bibs.  I appreciate your thoughts!   

Happy Tuesday!



15 comments:

Tanna October 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Around $10. Cute work!

Jenna October 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

I would say $7 and maybe a deal like 2 for $12 or 3 for $15. I would for sure buy 3 that way and not want to buy just one. Good luck! They are so cute!

Tiffany October 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Thanks so much, Jenna! That is exactly what my husband said so that just may be it! : )

The VanAlstines October 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

I agree with Jenna! They are sooo cute! I am doing my first show in November too! Good luck!!

Bronwyn October 11, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

I have a friend who sells her bibs at craft shows and hers are around $7. Good price!

Heidi October 11, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

They are adorable! And I agree with Jenna!

carissa October 11, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

gasp! they are the cutest bibs my eyes have ever seen. i wish i was going to the craft fair! you're so good. i'd pay $7/each. don't settle for less! : )

Haley @thedistractedblogger October 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Jenna has the right idea.

I love the bibs! So cute. If only I had a baby. ;)

I also would appreciate some advice about a sewing project. Details on my blog if you see fit.

Haley @thdistractedblogger (http://thedistractedblogger.wordpress.com/)

Randi October 12, 2011 at 2:02 AM  

Wow, where are people going to get these super cute $7 bibs??! If you had a booth at a craft fair here in Hawaii, you could sell it for $12-15.. And maybe 18 for the fancier ballerina one! But I guess it's because designer fabrics are more expensive here than on the mainland....

TBonesMom October 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

HOLY COW I LOVE THESE! Wish I had a baby...or at least someone who was having one soon! $7.00 is my vote too.

Simply AJ October 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

Agree with all of the above... I would by these for my grandson and probably pay $7-10 each but if you had 2 for / 3 for you would get my business. These bibs are fantastic!! AJ

queenofmynest(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Kim October 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

One of my friends sells bibs that are similar on etsy for $8/each or 2 for $15. She sells a ton of them! Her shop name is OkiRoo if you want to check it out to get pricing ideas or anything :)

Patrice October 12, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

These are soo great Tiffany. I need to make some, or you need to open your etsy shop so I can buy some! I love the raw edges and all the little personal details. That ballerina one is just perfect in everyway, and the Christmas one in the background? OO lala :)

cuteasacanvas October 22, 2011 at 1:36 AM  

I agree with Jenna! They are sooo cute! I am doing my first show in November too! Good luck!!
Thanks for sharing with us...

Bibs

Casey November 29, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

they are adorable!
that tiny button on the ballerina one though... it's a chocking hazard.. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails