Monday, September 12, 2011

Silhouette Project - Ballerina Shirt

My daughter had a plain white shirt that was older and mainly used to wear under sweaters so I thought it would be fun to spruce it up.  

I started playing around in the Silhouette Studio and found a ballerina silhouette image that I loved.  I had pink heat transfer from Silhouette in the closet waiting to be used for something.


The image came out perfectly even with those little dainty ballerina hands.  I peeled away the extra pink leaving only my image and then ironed it in place on the white shirt.


Next I cut out a rough shape of the skirt from cardstock to use as a pattern.


I used the pattern to cut out several layers of pink tulle that I had in my scrap basket.


I cut a piece of pink ribbon just the size to fit the top of the tulle layers.  I put craft glue on the ribbon and placed my tulle pieces on one by one.


After I layered the tulle pieces, I folded the ribbon over and held it down for a minute.  Now I had a little tutu for the ballerina.  I trimmed up the sides and roughly scalloped the edges of the tutu to give it more life and make it fit better.


To attach the tutu on the shirt, I used three small buttons and pink thread.


Now the ballerina has a "real" tutu.


I wanted the tutu silhouette to still show on the sides a little.  I was so excited about the results!


A plain white tee transformed into a fun pink ballerina shirt...


Can't wait to surprise my daughter with her new ballerina shirt when she gets home from school.  I just know she will love it!  

I'll be partying at these blogs this week.  Won't you join me?

13 comments:

Andrea September 13, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Very creative and very pretty. My little girl would love this too!

Jen @ My Own Road September 13, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

It turned out really cute! Love the addition of the tulle!

Emilee September 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

WOW so cute what little girl wouldn't love this! Great work!

http://mommamadeit.blogspot.com

TBonesMom September 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

I am guessing she will wear it tomorrow. :)

Ruffled Feathers September 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

That is so sweet, Tiffany! I want one...

Patrice September 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

This is so cute. I love the tulle as well! I am obsessed with transfer paper right now, it's just the easiest way to make something cute quick!

Cat September 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

I absolutely looove this shirt!!! I've danced for 21 years and can't wait to have a little girl to make things like this for! It's adorable!
xoxo
Cat
aka
BudgetBlonde

Just Jaime September 13, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

I love it! It looks so professional!

Anonymous September 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

This is something my picky 6 year old might actually like!

Anonymous September 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Hi! I featured this shirt on my blog.
http://jamesandleighann.blogspot.com/2011/09/already-thinking-about-christmas.html

Carolyn September 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Oh my gosh - what a super clever way to dress up a shirt. I would be thrilled if you shared this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/09/inspiration-board-link-party-15.html
Thanks for the inspiration.
carolyn | homework

Carmen September 18, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

This is too cute...gonna have to make one for my girl...Would love it if you would link this up at our current 'It's A Rockin' Party" at RoCa and Company.

Carmen @ RoCa and Company
www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

Anonymous January 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

I finally made this! I blogged about it and gave you a shout out! http://jamesandleighann.blogspot.com/2012/01/freezer-paper-ballerina-shirt.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails