Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Pink Side Table

Hey everyone! Today's guest post comes to you from Camilla at First Lady of the House.

Firstlady

First Lady of the House is an adorable blog with the musings of a mother of 2 sweet girls, crafty round ups, and fun tutorials. You may have seen Camilla (or her adorable projects) floating around blog land already. I just love her yummy yellow Placemat Pillow, her sweet St Patty's Day Shirt & Hair Bobs, and this incredible Formula Can Up-cycle!

Picnik collageflth

You can follow along with Camilla and her great projects at her blog here, or like First Lady of the House on Facebook here.

Thanks for sharing with us today Camilla!!




I'm so very excited to be guest posting over here at Lemon Tree Creations!

I'm Camilla from First Lady of the House.

I love to create new things and I love to blog about creating new things!

I ruminated over what to do as a project and finally I decided that I had this little side table sitting around for far to long in it's old ugly original form for way to long (bought at a local thrift store for $10 about 2 or 3 years ago). It was doing nothing for my daughters room with the way to dark color on it.

But, I loved the detail on it!

After:


Before:




I tried to sand it down a bit but I think it has veneer on it. The legs sanded pretty good though.

Then I used Krylon White Primer Spray Paint.

Couple coats of that.

Then Krylon Satin Ballet Slipper pink for the top coat.



This is when it was done with Spray paint, before any stencil or distressing.



Bought the Stencil at Hobby Lobby. I just used a white craft paint and just dabbed, rather than brushed.

I just wanted it in the two opposite corners from each other.


It turned out a little sloppy even though I 'dabbed' the foam brush. But I sanded it down a little.



THEN, I got out the little hand sander and went to work distressing it! That is the funnest part.






Ok, So I put this picture in because even though the table is so pretty out on the green lawn with cute flowers on it, the reality is that is will go in my daughters room to be used for who knows what. To have plastic kitchen food line up on it, All the farm animals from the Little People set corralled there, Stacks of books piled on top. So I'm just keepin' it real for you and just threw in the naked baby for kicks!


I hope you feel inspired to check out your local thrift stores and yard sales, and when you look at a piece think to yourself if you would like it if it had another color on it?!

Thanks to Erin for letting me guest post here at Lemon Tree Creations!

What a beautiful and inspiring blog!

I sure hope you will all come over and check me out at First Lady of the House.

Ciao!


Thanks Camilla!

***Just a reminder, we are now accepting projects for guest posts on Lemon Tree Creations.*** Want more details? Check out this post, or email submission ideas to ltc.guestposting@gmail.com

2 comments:

Adrienne & Lisa June 20, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

I LOVE this table! Such great pink and a fabulous way to spuce up an old piece of furniture:) Great Job!

Lisa
www.pickfair.etsy.com

Pam June 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

you are so talented camilla...just like your mother:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails