Thursday, January 20, 2011

Accessory Holder Frame

The day my Silhouette arrived in the mail was like Christmas morning for me!  I was so excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on it!

We have several old frames sitting in our basement.  I never throw frames away because there are so many uses for them and you never know when you will need one.  

I wanted to give Silhouette's new premium vinyl a try and figured out pretty quick just exactly what I was going to do with it.  This frame was begging to be used as an accessory holder in my girl's room.  It was very plain and originally had three separate spaces for photos but some pieces had broken off and now it was an awkward opening for a photo.  


I used the American Typewriter font on my computer in the Silhouette Studio to write the words, "adorn yourself with grace".  It was so simple to do.  The Silhouette performed its magic and all I had to do was peel and stick the letters to the glass from my frame.


Next I found 3 cup hooks in the garage that were the perfect hooks for my accessory holder.  I inserted them into the frame before I painted it.


I then painted the front and sides of my frame white and distressed it with some sanding paper.  I don't have a picture of this step.  Something about 3 little sick munchkins crying for me all at once.  But I figure that you all know how to paint, right?

I then applied some craft glue to the inside edge of the frame and then placed the glass inside.  I let it sit for awhile to dry and then the glass was firmly in place.


So my frame was ready to be hung and I couldn't wait to place the accessories on it.


I got my oldest daughter's favorite purse and a few dress-up necklaces and hung them from two of the hooks.  For the last hook, I tied a piece of wide pink ribbon and placed some of her favorite hair accessories since the bow holder in her closet is overflowing.  


My daughter was so excited about this new accessory holder/decoration for her room and I was too.  

My daughter also learned some new vocabulary words from this project!  Always a plus, right?


I just loved using my Silhouette and cannot wait to do another project with it!  I can't stop thinking about it!  I am in love.  Oh, the possibilities...


Thanks for visiting Lemon Tree Creations.  If you have not already, you will definitely want to enter our Silhouette giveaway by clicking here and check out the promotion going on now from Silhouette!  If you already own a Silhouette, you will want to take advantage of the sale on their premium vinyl.  It's good stuff.  This really is an amazing machine that could quite possibly change your crafting life forever.   

I will be linking this project to these fabulous parties.

Photobucket


Happy Thursday!

23 comments:

Unknown January 20, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

How adorable is this-love the creativity!-Claire

Christy Franklin January 20, 2011 at 6:46 AM  

Fantastic idea!

Patrice January 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM  

This is sooo cute! Love it!

Unknown January 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

Simple and meanful. I love it.
http://www.couturiermommy.com

TBonesMom January 20, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

Endless possibilities is right! Awesome...

Erica January 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Adorable.. that is a sweet frame for the girls :)
I can't imagine all the cool things that you are going to come up with!!

Erin A January 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM  

It's SO cute, love it!!

Scarlet Bluefield January 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

Beautiful! I think I'm going to be looking for frames at Goodwill this morning :)

Tara @ Tara Being Tara January 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

That looks great!!!

mE aNd mY tℎrIfTy IdEas January 21, 2011 at 6:31 AM  

OMG how cute is this? I have seen plenty but yours is my fav <3 I LOVE the wording! Awesome job!

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog January 21, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

I can not wait for you to announce me as the winner so I can make this too...

Donna January 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

How adorable. I'm dying to get a Silhouette. I keep seeing all these cute vinyl projects...I'm SO jealous!

{northern cottage} January 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

so pretty - just classic and crisp and clean!

Jami January 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

I looove this! I'm your newest follower. Great project.

Sally January 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

This is fantastic. Added to my ever-growing list. :)

Michelle January 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

So beautiful! I love the wall color coming through the clear glass!

Unknown January 24, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

This is absolutely adorable! I love it!

I never throw frames away either! And this frame would have been odd for a photo, but it is perfect for this! I love it!

I found you at the Mad Skills Link Party. I host a Friday link party I would love for you to join if you are interested!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Mimi January 24, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

How charming! I love your wall color, too. I don't have a Silhouette :( but I might try this with glass etching. Love love it!

Keisha Lynn @ Project Campbell January 24, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

This is a great idea for a bow holder for a girls room too!!! Looks awesome and you can do anything you wish! My daughter thinks she's too big for all the "princess" bow holders, so maybe I'll give something like this a shot! Thanks for sharing! Feel free to check out my blog and see the makeover I'm working on for her room now!

DANA January 24, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

If you have not been by already, I hope you enter my linky contest! You could be the Best of January 2011 and be showered with prizes! While you are there, I have several Valentines giveaways going on right now!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

Sasha January 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM  

Just stopping by to let you know, I used this for my Inspiraton Thursdays @ ~The Life of Me~. This is absolutely beautiful.

Christine January 30, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

Very cute! Love the words you chose!
Christine
Greatoakcircle.com

Katie April 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

This is adorable! I wish I had frames laying around to do this with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails