Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine Card Holder

With cupid fast approaching, I began to notice how quickly I change my front and back door appearances. Ahh..if only the rest of my home received such face lifts...



This, oh, so simple Valentine Card Holder is made from a few wooden products, a little paint and some ribbon.



Start by painting the wooden wreath ring the color of your choice. While that's drying begin hot gluing your strips of ribbon to one side of your clothespin.



Once the wreath ring is dry, hot glue the clothespins to the wreath.



I found this fun Valentine palette at Michaels for a $1.00 a spool! Any pattern would be adorable.



I LOVE anything vintage, luckily I found these magnificent Valentine cards at a neat little store here in town..hated to unwrap them, but thought they were too perfect! Have a look at the great detail!!



I, of course am fond of the cute little teacher one :)



Lastly, I cut a piece of cardboard for the center of the wreath into a heart and made a bow for the holder. I placed my wreath on my door and have been admiring it ever since.

I'll be linking up the these parties this week! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Patrice January 28, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

So cute! I am in love with those ribbon choices and the bright, vibrant colors!

Tiffany January 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

That is super fun and cute and I LOVE the Valentine cards you found!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk January 28, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Cute! Love the pins :)

I did mine like this, http://scissorsandawhisk.blogspot.com/2011/01/ribbon-photo-display.html. I hung the photos from a red ribbon and they were attached with white pins that had pink hearts. :)

Erin A January 28, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

So cute! I love all of those vintage cards too, you obviously couldn't just let them sit in the plastic now could you?!

Rachel@oneprettything.com January 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

I'm loving your valentine projects. The chalkboard is my FAVORITE- it's so beautiful! Thanks for the how-tos, I'll be linking.

ozgrkdn January 31, 2011 at 2:00 AM  

I love this project,so cute!Have a sunny day:) from Izmir:))

Anzouya February 12, 2011 at 4:20 AM  

That is so cute! I’ve add it in a Valentine’s Day Crafting Ideas roundup on my blog with a ink back here:
http://anzouyaspool.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-crafting-ideas.html
Thank you for this incredible idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails