Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chalkboard Door Hanger (Valentine's Style)

I wanted to do something different on my front door for Valentines Day. I think my husband has been a little overwhelmed with all the frilly Christmas Decor, so when taking down our decorations I vowed to take it kind of easy for Valentine's day. The first thing I made for Valentine's day you saw last week, it was this back-door sign...
So, to keep with the same low key Valentine's Day theme for my front door, I took a few random supplies I had in my craft closet...
Painted them up...
Put them together...

Added a little message...
And called it a day!

Can you tell I am on a "simple" kick this new year? I am starting to take bets on how long people think its going to last? I'll be linking to these parties this week. See you there!

Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

Erin A January 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

Cute!! I LOVE that yellow frame. Great job.

Jessica January 27, 2011 at 3:23 PM  

I love the chalkboard Patrice. What a great way to change your thoughts of "love" for the day!

Megann January 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

So cute. I want to know where you found your oval frame. I have been searching for round and oval frames(relatively cheap) for ages.

Tiffany January 28, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

Simple is the way to go! I love this. Super cute.

Patrice January 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Hey Megan, I got my oval frame at Goodwill. It is plastic! Makes it perfect for many projects because it is SO light and easy to use! It was a bear to paint though!

tvdinnerpro February 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Hey I had to stop by and say I LOVE THIS! Beautiful!
Malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails