Friday, January 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Apple Butter

It's always fun to make little homemade gifts for people. I especially like edible ones!

This one is a super easy Apple Butter recipe (which I found somewhere online). And the best part is that it's all done in a SLOW COOKER!



The simple steps are written below.



Once the ingredients are added to the cooker..you are pretty much a master at the whole cooking part and that's exactly how I like to cook.

So now for the fun decorating of the jars!


I had some old fabric, some cute ribbon, fur looking twigs and buttons!



Before!


After!







Cut fabric in to small squares depending on the size of your jar lid. Next I hot glued the ribbon to the rings of the jars. Add and embellishment to the top if you like.

This batch of Apple Butter made 24 4oz. jars! That's a lot of gifts! Add to some hot biscuits, toast, scones, or just eat out of the jar when no one is looking!

Have a great Friday!

11 comments:

Unknown January 14, 2011 at 4:25 AM  

Oh I am very excited to try this! Thank you!

Carrie January 14, 2011 at 5:01 AM  

Did you process the jars to seal them??

m @ random musings January 14, 2011 at 6:16 AM  

I think you can omit the applesauce and just use more apples to get the same results; I had a coworker give me a huge bag of pears, and this method was a great way to work thru them ^_^

super-cute packaging!

Patrice January 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Love this! It was SO yummy!

Biz January 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

Ooooh! I'm so excited to make some of this! Thanks for the great tutorial!
Biz
http://busybizblogs.blogspot.com/

Erin A January 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

YUM! Love the packaging too.

Tiffany January 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Sounds so fun and yummy! Thanks for sharing! The packaging is adorable! Love it.

Speedtyper January 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM  

WOW what a great recipe..thanks for sharing...i am so on this...i love apple butter...i wonder if you could do a pear butter the same way???

thanks for sharing...wow i am so on this!!

Melissa Frances from Naches, WA

Jennifer January 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

I just found your blog! I love it already and have added it to my "favorites" :) !!

Mommy Minded January 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Yum and so pretty!

Ceeu N Uila January 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Your blog is on my fav list...Following you now!

teuila99@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails