Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Sweet and Simple Birthday Party

Sometimes I begin to immediately feel overwhelmed when I think about hosting any sort of celebration in my own home. My house doesn't scream comfortable, when filled with 20 guests! So, when planning my 2 year old's birthday party this year I went with the "Less is More" approach. Take a look at some quick, concise and easy decorations we used for this simple birthday party.

First, seeing is how its all about the birthday girl, I first designated a birthday chair. I just took my school desk redo, and put it in a place of honor. Dressing it up slightly, you know, for the occasion...
Next, I tried to keep the majority of the decorations to one small area, the dining room. Since you can see the room from the front door, I put up a simple banner with the birthday girl's name.We pushed the dining room table back to make extra space and adorned it with the usual party gear...hats, balloons, flowers, cake, etc.

One special addition to the table decor came from a great idea Jessica will share with you some other time. It was the perfect way to personalize the party decor and remind people of last years festive celebration. Look how much that little sweetie grew in a year!Finally, since most of the guests were adults, we kept the party favors simple with a little sweet treat for the road. We just printed off baggie toppers, added a little sticker, stapled them to our treat baggies and VOila! A simple little thanks to you.I would say that no matter how done up the party room was or wasn't, this little girl had a great day, and fun was had by all!
I'll be linking to these parties this week.


I also wanted to let you know that I will be visiting you on Monday next week for an exiting giveaway! I hope you will be checking back next week to see what Lemon Tree Creations has in store for you then!!!

Happy Thursday everyone!

8 comments:

Katie @ HunnyBee Blog January 13, 2011 at 6:58 AM  

I love that little desk/chair and the streamers and everything about this party!! It's not over decorated and not under decorated. It's perfect. The favors are a really cute and easy idea. And the birthday girl is adorable!!

Tiffany January 13, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

Love it all. So perfectly simple. Of course, it goes without saying that the birthday girl is the cutest little thing! But I love the little favors and the "b is for birthday girl" hanging on the chair! So sweet.

Proper Prim January 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

Everything looks so festive... so perfectly done.

Love what you did with the chair.

I have that exact chair... hmmmm, got me thinking now.

Great job.

Unknown January 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

Love it! That back pack from 31 is so cute! My mom got one for my almost 3 year old and she loves it! Thanks for the reminder that simple is better. We have to do a little party in March, I want to keep it simple!

grey rose (they/them) January 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

darling! I love the sweet simplicity! perfect.

Megan Gunyan January 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

It looks like the perfect party to me. The gift candy bags are adorable. Sometimes, the simpler things are more special, because they aren't lost in the hustle and bustle! Great job.

{ProtoDoom} January 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

How very sweet! Your name banner looks great.

Alicia {ProtoDoom.com}

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday January 17, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

Adorable party touches! Love that little desk. I hope you'll come link this up at the craft catwalk!
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails