Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quick & Easy Flower Hair Barrette

Despite the overwhelming amount of hair accessories my daughter has, I just couldn't find the right one to go with one of her dresses. I love flowers and so does my daughter so I decided to take matters into my own hands, the super quick & easy way, of course, since that is how I roll.

I grabbed some scrap fabric that I love and cut out some various sized circles...


I layed them on top of each other in a not so perfect way because that is how I like it. Then I grabbed an orange scrapbooking brad from my stash and pushed it through the middle of the circles.

I took my stack of circles and a piece of ribbon cut to fit, placed an alligator clip in the middle of the two and hot glued it all together...


And a few minutes later, we had a customized flower hair barrette to go with a favorite brown polka-dot dress...


Of course, there are endless possibilities for flower accessories as we all know. A pin could be glued on the back instead of a clip and then be used to dress up an ol' white tanktop...


When the barrette is not in use, it could be clipped on a basket or any sort of appropriate home decor to give it a little something extra...


{If you are 9 months pregnant and the heat is killing you so you must constantly have a fan on your face but the fan is blowing the curtains all over the place and making you crazy}...you can also use the flower clip to hold back curtains...


Another use for this quick & easy fabric flower is for cards. I used scraps and a brad again to create this one. I cut the circles a little wavy this time for fun and just attached it to the card with the brad. It was finished off with a rub-on word love...


I have a little under 2 weeks until baby is due to arrive. I have archives from my personal blog scheduled to arrive at Lemon Tree over the next several weeks. And I am so excited that a couple friends have graciously given of their blogging services to help a sister out during my time away from the computer. You are in for a treat, my friends!

I am linking this quick & easy project to the parties you will find here. It is worth your time to check them out! They never disappoint!

Happy Tuesday!

20 comments:

sweetcaroline July 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Great uses for one hand made item!!!
Nice idea :)

Lori July 20, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Beautiful! A very good use for fabric scraps.

Judy/Mom July 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

That is adorable! You're are so clever, getting better and better. The card would be a great card for Mark and Candice!

Jessica July 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

Tiffany...I love these..very cute.

TBonesMom July 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Very practical & adorable...two birds with 1 stone! Hooray.

My fav part of this blog is the part about you being 9 mos pregnant & need a fan, etc. That made me laugh out loud!

Erin A July 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

This is so cute!! Love that little hair clip, it's a perfect accessory for her dress! Love it on the curtains too, great job!

Donene July 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Oh, so cute and they look easy to make! They turned out adorable!

Amber D July 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Great ideas I never thought about using them for a card that is perfect!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} July 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Super cute and super easy! Thanks for sharing!

mle July 21, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

I love how versatile your cute little flower is!! Thanks for all the great suggestions : ) happy wednesday!

Tammy @ she wears flowers July 21, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

I love the way you listed so many uses for this darling and easy flower!

Elise Engh July 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Hey! That's really cute and easy! I've made something similar with paper. I hadn't thought of using fabric. Thanks for the idea!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape July 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

I love the way it looks in her hair! I'll definitely make some of these :)

Melissa July 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

That is such a great way to use your scraps. I have done this with denim. Super fun.

Val July 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Aww, the clips are adorable.

Tauni July 23, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Darling! I love it.

Helena July 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

This is so simple, but so adorable! I love it. and I really enjoyed seeing it's many uses :)

Thank you for participating in the Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts!

Neisha July 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

that is so darling, cute and EASY!!
thanks for sharing! I am going to make one to pin on a purse I made

Robin {keephomesimple} July 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

A-dorable! I love all the many uses for those cute flowers. So simple too!
I may have to try doing some of those with a group of young girls I teach a couple of times a month! They would love those!!!
~Robin @keephomesimple.blogspot.com

hair accessories August 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM  

Such a great idea to use one handmade item for so many ways! You're so clever. Well, for me?? I would love to use that flower as hair accessory. Thank you so much for posting this. Such a big help! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails