Friday, July 30, 2010

Chalkboard Globe

As I cleaned out my basement and created my "keep" and "sale" piles (as I do every year). I rummaged through the sale pile once more.

I drug out this globe which I had originally planned to take into my classroom several years ago. As I wiped the cob-webs off I decided to put it in the keep pile and keep it I shall.




This simple craft calls for just a few supplies: chalkboard paint (sold in quarts $11.00 at Home Depot..ouch), a globe, some spray paint and a brush. (chalk too!)



I first painted the globe with several coats of the chalkboard paint.





Once the paint was dry I took the globe apart and spray painted the base with white Krylon spray paint.




And last I simply added my drawings to the piece.


A simple art piece for my home.

I will be linking up to these parties this week and I look forward to showing you my Rt 127 Yard Sale finds the next time we meet!

And, look me up at the CSI Project for Kids Crafts this week!

Visit thecsiproject.com

16 comments:

Patrice July 30, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

I LOVE the way this turned out. My mind is spinning with how cute this would be for a teacher's back to school gift or in different sizes in our house. I can't believe how well the paint worked on the slick round surface! Love it!

Tiffany H July 30, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

How cute! The new Pbk catalog that was sent out yesterday had a boys' room with chalkboard globes and I loved them. Looks like you are one step ahead of them! :)

Unknown July 30, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Seriously cute! I can just see it in my family room. Hmm, you have given me an idea. I am kind of chalk board happy at the moment, I love them, and want them everywhere. Hubby, well I think he's not so sure about them. :)

the thrifty ba July 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

coolness!

Anonymous July 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

cool i love it

Jenna July 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

I LOVE this!! I home school my 7 year old & this would be a cool project! A globe where he can draw in his own continents! Awesome!!

Unknown July 31, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

I just bought a globe last week and got the chalkboard spray paint today. I am ready to get this done over the weekend.

I like the white stand. I am not sure what color I will be making my stand.


I am visiting from Frugalicious Friday.

Have a great weekend!

~Makalani
Makaz Home

I am having a halloween link party
here.
Feel free to join in until tomorrow.

Mom24boys July 31, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

What a great idea!

Michelle {Daydream Believers} July 31, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

This is SO cool! :)

Melissa July 31, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

That's awesome! Love the idea!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans August 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

Great Idea!

I featured you here:
http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunday-spotlight-soys-37-favorites.html

Unknown August 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I just bought a globe at a garage sale yesterday to do this very thing to it. I saw the idea in the latest pottery barn catalog. Isn't it fun to be cheap and trendy?!

cinnibonbon August 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Fabulous idea!! Especially the take out!!! hahah

Erin A August 2, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

This is SUCH a great idea! I love globes and this is a fun spin.

Also, love the lemon trees :)

Michelle August 3, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Oh, I can't tell you how much I want one of those! Wonder if there's enough left of that globe the kids broke to cobble back together...

Krista@RustikChic August 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Really great...Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails