Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Airplane First Birthday

Since my baby boy is turning 2 this week and we are not having a party for him, I thought it would be fun to share the details from his first birthday party...

First and foremost, the little man in his special airplane shirt made by Grandma...


There were red goody bags with airplane tags for all the kids. I fell in love with the airplane tags on Etsy and purchased them from this shop...


Inside the bags, there was a flying glider, a candy airplane, and 3 stickers. We bought the gliders online from some wholesale toy supplier that I sadly no longer know the name of.


I made the stickers myself using designs from some handmade cards. I scanned in the card designs, one of an airplane and one of the Earth and printed them as little squares on sticker paper. I just typed A is for Airplane to make the last sticker and cut them all into little squares...


The front door sign complete with the birthday boy's footprints led friends and family to the party...


The homemade happy birthday banner that I desperately wish I had a better photo of...



Airplane coloring sheets found online and crayons on the kiddie picnic table...


Parachute and balls for entertainment...


Stack of airplane books, reading chair, and airplane hat...


The old highchair that was Daddy's when he was little along with a special airplane bib for his first cupcake...


The cupcakes with chubby airplane toppers and fun polka-dot wrappers. The airplane on the topper came from the card design used also in the goody bag stickers. I printed them on sticker paper again, attached them to cardstock, and then cut them out. I slipped the toothpick in the middle of the 2 papers and popped them in the cupcakes...


Cinnamon sugar airplane cookies. I found a cheap airplane cookie cutter online. I wish I could tell you where but I know that I just searched for airplane cookie cutters and found the cheapest one and placed the order...


Judds first birthday soda with various pictures of the birthday boy. This was my favorite and most personal part of the party. I am a big fan of soda bottles, especially Jones Soda. Well, it just so happens that our last name with an S added to the end was a perfect fit in place of Jones. I made these in a text box in Word to say Judds First Birthday Soda and then his name along with various photos of him from his first year of life. I printed them off on sticker paper and stuck them on the front of the bottles...


There were bags of peanuts and pretzels just like you would get on a plane. Then there was the watermelon airplane that Grandma made to hold the fruit salad...


The ice bucket was filled with bottled waters and labeled with "A is for airplane" magnets. Again, I used the airplane design from the stickers and cupcake toppers. I just added a magnet to the back this time. Then there were airplanes made out of gum, smarties, and lifesavers for guests to enjoy...


I had so much fun planning, creating, and preparing for this party. It is fun to see how great you can make a party on a very small budget. We really only go crazy for the first birthday even though I would love to every year! All the little details of a party just make me giddy even though I may just be the only one that notices them!

Hope you found something useful from these party ideas! Party on, my friends.

Happy Tuesday!




Visit thecsiproject.com

14 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith July 13, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Too cute, and you gotta love the Jones soda I'm sure that was for the grown ups, right?

Stephanie R. July 13, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

How cute! I really love your birthday banner! and the watermelon.... Very well done!

Val July 13, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Aww, how adorable. It's all so prefect.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape July 13, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

What a cute party, love all the personalized details. You did a great job!

Patrice July 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Love, love the soda's. And all of the airplane stickers, toppers, decals, magnets are just TOO cute!

Amy July 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I loved every detail of this party! It was just perfect!

M.O.T.B July 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Very good work! I love planning my boys parties! Your little one just looks precious in the first photo!!!!!

Erin A July 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

This party still blows my mind, your eye for details is just so amazing!!

And happy second birthday to him!!

Terrell July 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Oh gosh...that is some ADORABLE party decor! It looks amazing! Way to go!!
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy July 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

What an ADORABLE party! My son's whole room is airplanes (Daddy is a pilot), so I am sure we will throw an airplane party at some point! Love that applique shirt!

The Autocrat: Haley July 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Very adorable!! Love it!!

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

I know you posted this a while ago but where did you find the plane toy? My son's name is Jett and he loves planes but they are hard to find. His birthday is coming up and I would love to get this for him.

Tiffany September 21, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

Hi, Heather. If you are talking about the plane toy in the top picture, it was a hand me down from my sister. It is a Fisher Price Little People plane so you can probably get something like it most anywhere that sells toys.

The gliders from the goody bags came from a toy website that I cannot remember for anything! : )

Hope this helps!
Tiffany

Vallimasoos September 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

The watermelon airplane is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails