Friday, April 2, 2010

Teddy Bear Party

This week I'm featuring my nephew's 1st birthday party we had for him 5 years ago. Keep in mind I had an original digital camera, so the pictures are not the greatest quality! We chose teddy bears using chocolate brown and teal because who doesn't love that color combination?! Again, we used many budget-friendly ideas in keeping with our theme.

Many of the decorations were inspired by Martha Stewart. I used many of Martha's ideas from her monkey party and translated them into a teddy bear theme. Instead of having all plain helium balloons, I made some into bears by gluing ears and a face onto the balloons using very thin paper. I remember thinking I should have used something more sturdy like cardstock for the ears since they kept flopping over. However, you don't want to use paper too heavy or it might weigh down the balloon. I made paper chain bears decorating the welcome gate. For each table, I placed large candle in a glass vase surrounded by coffee beans-great scent, coordinating colors, and inexpensive! You may remember my love for Chinese lanterns, which all started with this party. For the cups, I made them into bears as well by gluing ears and a face onto each plain cup.

Many of the food items also kept with the teddy bear theme. I used the blue muffin liners (from the grocery store) and filled them with Teddy Grahams-great for little hands. I made a blue punch which sat next to my teddy bear cups. I had silver galvanized tubs filled with ice for the drinks. I used a teddy bear cookie cutter for peanut butter sandwiches and for the iced cookies. I wrapped the silverware in teal napkins tied with brown polka bows for dinner and placed the cake forks and napkins in a glass vase next to the bear cake. I labeled the food using teddy bear clips which I made with cut-out teddy bears glued onto clothes pins. I decorated these bears with teal ears, paws, and a bow.

You could also make this into a baby shower party. This was definitely a fun party to plan and host for my special nephew. I love parties, especially when you can find ways to save money and still make it just as you envision!


I'll be linking up with these parties this week, so check out their great ideas! Thanks for visiting us!



27 comments:

Jen April 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Super cute! Love this idea! And I think the pictures looked great!

TidyMom April 2, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Oh so CUTE!!! Makes me wish I had a little boy! ♥

Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey April 2, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Awesome and cute party, so fun!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows April 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

This is TOO cute!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Erin A April 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

This is such a fun party!! I love that you took the time to decorate the balloons and cups too, adorable! Great job!

Alyssa April 4, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

So adorable Amy - except you've now completely discredited your comment from a couple of months ago lamenting about how you wished you were more creative and crafty. Whatever. I'd never have thought up something like this!

bilbiochic April 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

sooo darling! i want kids just so i can throw this party! i especially love the color scheme. very cool. thanks for sharing.
xoxo
http://bibliochicshop.blogspot.com/

Gray April 5, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

So cute!!

Kaysi April 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

That is such a fun idea!!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming April 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Simply adorable! I love the brown and blue color combo - looks fantastic! All the little touches you added to this party are so cute! Thanks for joining the Celebration Party - I appreciate it!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft April 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

What cute ideas. Simple but elegant. I love the blue and brown together too. Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

Bird April 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM  

Another cool party! Love the attention to detail!

Don't forget, you can link this also
at BirdCrafts.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Bird

Pati @ A Crafty Escape April 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

What a lovely party... love those two colors together!

Helena April 8, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

That is the cutest party! I am gonna file this one away for future use :)

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts

The No Money Mama April 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

This is so cute, I really love the cups!

Amanda April 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Everything is so cute!!! I love Teddy Bears :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans April 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

I think my favorites are the balloons and the cups! Too cute! :)

Jess April 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

When I saw teddy bear party I thought it might be cheesy, but this is super cute! I love it!

Helena April 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I'm featuring this today over at Life in the Pitts. Thanks again for linking up!

http://lanieree.blogspot.com/2010/04/featuring-you_09.html

Bird April 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Thank you for linking up to my party!! I'm hosting one every 1st Monday of each month, so you'll be able to post all your party goodies!! :)

Thanks again for sharing your lovely party with us!

hugs,
Bird

p.s. - Sunday I'll be featuring my favourite entries! Don't miss it?!

Unknown April 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

very cute! I love the cups the best!

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Whatever Dee-Dee wants April 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

So cute! I love the little faces on everything!

kim April 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

this is adorable, my son's middle name is Bear...this would be a great birthday for him!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden April 11, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

So cute! Makes me wish my kids were a little younger!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

Anonymous April 14, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Such a cute party. Love the colors

Lee April 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Very cute. Wish I would have seen this before I did a teddy bear picnic a few years ago. I love it.

seven thirty three May 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Super cute and I love the cups!

Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of?

Related Posts with Thumbnails