Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall Frame Wreath

Today's guest post comes from Jennifer at Dainty Posies. Enjoy!

Hello, I'm Jennifer and you can visit me over at my very new blog Dainty Posies! I do a lot of "redo" projects that cost very little but look very cute!




I want to thank the ladies of Lemontree Creations for letting me guest post today! Their blog is one of my absolute favorites and I'm so excited to be a small part of it!

Since fall is here I decided to take a stab at my first wreath. I really like square wreaths but wasn't sure I could make one so I decided to go with the nice clean look of a picture frame wreath.

Pretty cute, I think :)

Anywho ...

These are most of the supplies I used



I started out with this beauty I found at the thrift store for $3 and painted it a nice antique white color.

Then I made my rosettes with some fall fabric and set them aside for later.

After the paint dried I turned the frame over and stapled the ribbon across the frame(measuring to make sure it's even because I can't tell what's straight to save my life :)
Then I started on my burlap flags. I just got some light burlap from walmart for really cheap. I cut out the word "fall" on my cricut and used the letters as a stencil. I positioned them over the burlap and put some mod podge and added the glitter (the finer the better) Shake em out and you're done!

Now it was time to glue everything on! I started with the rosettes and then moved on to the flags. Last I glued my little acorns that I found at my craft store for 50 cents. I used a big glob of hot glue to make sure they stay on. I think E6000 would work well too.

And now I'm ready for fall!

Thanks again to the ladies here at Lemon Tree for letting me share my project with you today! I hope you'll visit me over at Dainty Posies for more fun ideas!

And thank you Jennifer for sharing your project with us! Other LTC readers interested in guest posting? Email your submissions to ltc.guestposting@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Elena @ La Petite Vie September 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

So vintage chic, love it!

Tiffany September 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

That looks so great! Thanks for sharing with our readers! So happy to have you. : )

I love your rosettes. The perfect touch.

Vanessa September 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

Love your wreath.

Vanessa

Anonymous September 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

Oh how I love fall, the colors are so warm and inviting...your wreath is just cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails