Friday, May 20, 2011

Summertime Topiary

As the warm weather creeps up on us..and I know it's coming (fingers crossed). I get anxious for those sweet summer days lying pool side, drink in hand. Hence today's inspiration: The Summertime Topiary!

Supplies: topiary form, pot (I used a metal bucket) and some fun drink umbrellas (I bought a pack of 144 at my local party store which was plenty for this project)

I just randomly began placing the umbrellas half opened into the topiary.


Aren't these colors so fun! I was thinking this could be a great center piece for a Luau. Or just a great way to add some pizazz to your table if you are having a cocktail party.

Viola! Finished product. I love the colors and I decided to tie some ribbon around my bucket because well, we always need ribbon...right?


My table-scape. How fun is this! Stop back next time for a delicious citrus inspired recipe to top off your topiary!

Happy Friday!





4 comments:

Patrice May 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

This is so much fun! I love the colors too!

Tiffany May 20, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

So fun and festive! Love the colors! And so very creative to use those little umbrellas. I would have never thought of that. Too cute. : )

Erin A May 20, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Cute! Very bright and fun, it looks great!

Jodi May 20, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

So cute and very festive with all the colors. Perfect for a party!

Jodi

Related Posts with Thumbnails