Thursday, May 12, 2011

Quick and Easy Hair Ribbons!

I have spent a lot of time out at the store looking for the 'perfect' hair ribbon or bow for my daughter. Sometimes, they just don't exist. I guess it just took me a little bit longer than the rest of the blogging world to discover I could make my own in just a few quick seconds. And with my large ribbon stash, I can quickly match just about any outfit in the closet in 5 minutes or less, (or right on the way out of the door!!)
First, just cut 8 strips of ribbon, about 1 1/2 inches long.

Fold them in half and secure with a dot of hot glue to create a loop.

Begin securing them together in a circular, 'flower,' shape using hot glue.

Cover your overlapping ribbons with a button, just to hide the seams and add a little pop of color.

To turn your ribbon flower into a hair barrette, just add an alligator clip to the back with hot glue, I use a ribbon to cover the glued side and keep everything nice and clean.

And that's it! (As if you didn't already know it was that easy!)

I think the ice-cream one is just perfect for summer, don't you? My daughter has deemed this one her new favorite, at least for now...

Check out these great parties where I will be linking this week! Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

dizzytina May 12, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Fab idea i love them. Think i may have to give those a go. I found you on delightful order link party tina x x www.scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

Holly May 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

I think I could do this! Wow...thanks for the great idea!!

Erin A May 12, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

They're so cute!! Now I just need to stock up on cute ribbons so I'll have a good variety. :)

Tiffany May 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

So stinkin' adorable! LOVE these! That ice cream one is too cute. Thanks for sharing!

TLF May 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

Super adorbs!!

Big D and Me May 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Finally a bow I think I could make - thanks for sharing - now do you have anything that will keep my daughter from grabbing the bow out of her hair:)
Jennifer
www.bigdandme.com

Kallan January 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM  

I was looking for an easy bow that I could make to coordinate with my school colors and mascot. The ribbon I used was 1" and after a bit of trial and error, I found that for the thickness I used, the length of each ribbon needs to be at least 4"--3 1/2" could probably work though.I had a color scheme that I kept to, and it came out super cute! Thanks for the easy to follow step by step directions!!

Pearlsofwisdom November 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM  

Too cute!! What is your price point on these?

Related Posts with Thumbnails