Thursday, May 19, 2011

Revisiting the Rosette Pillow

Remember when I made this big rosette pillow, way back when? Well, my friend Mary Ellen of MEllen Designs dropped me off a few materials the other day...

And asked me to make some more! Of course I said yes. These pillows were so quick and easy to make, and I would do anything to help out a good friend like Mary Ellen :).

So, I followed the easy steps that you can find from my first Oversized Rosette Pillow tutorial here, and made her these...
We used mostly scrap fabric that Mary Ellen had from previous projects and a pair of navy throw pillows to make our own. The chunky fabrics she chose for the pillows gave each rosette so much character and dimension. The texture these rosettes showcase is great! I love that she mixed the fabric grades and patterns. 

Alternating the sizes of the rosettes added to the fun of each pillow too! Now she has an fun little set of pillow she can use at her MEllen Designs Stationary booth in New York this spring.
Have you visited Mostly MEllen before? I have mentioned that she is just too cute and SO much fun? You should definitely check her out!

So, now that we've seen this easy no-sew pillow action twice now, do you think you could tackle it? I bet someone with a steady sewing hand could put these babies to shame! I would love to see you take on the oh-so-popular-rosette too.  Leave me a link in the comments or upload your version to our Flickr account, I would love for you to share!

I'll be linking at these parties this week. See you there!

Happy Thursday,

8 comments:

The Painted Home May 19, 2011 at 5:21 AM  

the colors are SO great . I love these. gotta get out my scraps...
d e n i s e

Jessica May 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

oo..la...la!! I adore the color choice! I'm coming over pronto to see these in person :)

Erin A May 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

These are so cute!! You're right about the colors and textures, they're perfect. Great job!

melissa@5foot12 creations May 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

these pillows are amazing and especially inspiring for a non-sewer ;) beautiful...love them!

Tiffany May 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Those look great! Love the colors.

Be Colorful Coastal May 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

Yay you for dialing up the size of the flowers. This more dramatic approach is fresh and fun. Wonderful.
Pam

Katherines Corner May 21, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

Wow Patrice, well done! Love the colors too.I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and leave a comment, and maybe even enter the latest giveaway. Hugs!

. May 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

LOVE them!! The colors are great...and I love anything with flowers added. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails