Tuesday, August 31, 2010

White Box Transformation

My sister, Beth found this box for me at a garage sale. She could see it's potential and thought I would love this little white box. She was right. It didn't take me long to figure out exactly what I was going to do with it...


I just used pliers to take out the handle and then the little nails were popped out on both sides so the stars and snowflakes could come off. I liked it white so there was no painting involved in this little project. I just purchased some Scrabble letters for $2 on Etsy and super-glued the word DREAM to the box.


It now sits on the bookshelf in my computer/craft/blog spot and I love it! It holds blank note cards and envelopes. Never underestimate the power of a wooden box, right? Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, life is but a dream.

Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith August 31, 2010 at 6:15 AM  

Nice littel transformation there. I wonder if I could have come up with something so simple

Patrice August 31, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

I love how simple and inspiring this little box is. That original wood and paint color is just gorgeous! Now I want one.

Something Nice and Pretty August 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Love it too! The scrabble pieces look great on it!

Rondell

Danielle Leal August 31, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

its so simple yet so amazing!

Courtney August 31, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

this is adorable.

Handbags*and*Pigtails August 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

This box was originally from a Christmas collection at Pier 1 Imports. I used to be in retail management there and remember these boxes! In fact, I used to have one myself.:) I like your update to it though!
Sarah
HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com
esgutierrez4 {at}msn {dot}com

Unknown August 31, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

I love how you put scrabble letters on it. So simple but beautiful.

Kim Franklin August 31, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

What a great Idea to place the scrabble tiles on the box, did you just paint the box or did you also sand the box as well?

Rashmie August 31, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

I like this minimalistic transformation! Using the Scrabble letters was a great idea...

Related Posts with Thumbnails