Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vintage Flashcards: RH Baby & Child Knock Off

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Restoration Hardware Baby & Child has been a major inspiration for our new nursery.  So, when I saw these vintage flashcards in the catalog I knew I had to have them!

Too bad they didn't quite fit the budget! So, after a few minutes at my own computer I just made my own.



 Now I  just need to decide it they are too small? My husband thinks not, but I am thinking I might have them matted and put into 11x14 frames or something larger than 8x10? Any suggestions?

Have you used vintage flashcards? I would love to get some more inspiration from you!

I'll be linking to the CSI Project's Knock-Off Challenge this week! 
Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

Andi Keding July 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Yes they should be larger. The black crib is unbalanced with the pics.

Shelly July 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Be Colorful Coastal July 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

Without checking the RH site I am wondering if there is one more set available. If so three frames might be okay. If not, I think I would mat them. Otherwise you may never be really happy with them. Great find though. Totally cool. Lucky baby. :0
Pam

Katie July 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

For what it's worth...I would go larger.

MJ @ 517 Creations July 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

I loved these when I saw them, too! I actually re-created them for my son's room (also in an 8x10) size, but they were a little small. I added a large G next to them to try to make the "vignette" fit the scale of the wall.

Here's my post about them if you're interested:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/05/rh-knock-off-vintage-synonym-flashcard.html

Patrice July 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Thanks guys, I quickly realized even before this posted that I totally agree with all of you! MJ, I decided on a vignette as well, which I am excited to post soon! It changes the 'vintage' feel a little bit, but works better in the space. Heading over to check yours out now!

Thanks for the opinions!

Beth July 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Cute! They need to be larger.

Pitter and Glink September 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Very cute!

Maggie Muggins September 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

Adorable. I am totally doing this. I would go larger too. They make such a statement!

Related Posts with Thumbnails