Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coffee Grinder Meets Frame

My Dad has collected coffee grinders and potato mashers for a long time now and inherited several from his parents.  My sisters and I got to pick our favorite.  I fell in love with this one because of the writing on front and the touches of red.  I think this one came from New Zealand and it actually works.

It has been hanging right here in our kitchen for awhile now.  I love it so much but I always felt like it was lonely on the wall and needed something more.


One day while browsing the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby, I spotted this treasure...a rectangular wooden frame.  It was a little beat up which is just the way I like my frames.


The best part was that it was only $1.80.  That is a price I can handle.  I grabbed that baby up quick and went on my merry way.  I did not actually have something in mind for the frame but it was a great shape and a great price so I couldn't pass it up.


I got home and noticed my poor little grinder all lonely on the wall and a lightbulb went off in my head.  I grabbed the new frame and tried it on for size.  It was as if it was a long lost friend of my coffee grinder.  I coated the frame with black spray paint, sanded the edges, and hung it up immediately.


Oh, so much better.  I love it.

The moral of this story:  A frame can fix (al)most anything! 


So, if something looks lonely on your wall, consider "framing it up".

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be linking at these parties this week!  

Happy Tuesday!


20 comments:

{northern cottage} July 5, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

you've brought the spotlight to this vintage gem! Love it!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk July 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

Dang.. $17.99 marked down to $1.80? You practically STOLE it! :)

TBonesMom July 5, 2011 at 9:18 AM  

LOL, I'm with Sarah...

Anna July 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

I love this. I need to go wander our antique store. it always makes me smile- just like your framed coffee grinder.

Anonymous July 5, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Love it! Have any ideas for my living room? Add it here, love to see what you come up with. http://500dollarwedding.blogspot.com/2011/07/contest-remodel-my-living-room.html

Patricia @ 9th and Denver July 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

So True a Frame can fix anything--
It changed my Billy Bass (7 pounder Honey caught years ago) to officially "Art" ...
LOL...
love the grinder and the "Koffie" also love the contrast of the dark frame around it!

The Lovelys July 5, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

too cute!

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy July 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

Awesome! Coffee needs a bit of a shrine. :) I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

Shug July 5, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

What a neat idea...I love the new look....was meant to be!

Blessings,
shug

Alyssa July 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

So creative as always! I'd never have thought to frame a coffee grinder!

Gail July 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

My mantra has been "mulch and paint can fix almost anything", now I'll add "frames" to it as well.
Really nifty project

Leanne July 6, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

I totally believe in putting a frame around anything. It looks great! Thanks for linking to Home Decor & Organizing link party. I'm featuring this on my FB fan page.

Maureen July 8, 2011 at 1:50 AM  

Um, HELLO AWESOME!
So original. What a fabulous idea!

Maureen July 8, 2011 at 1:50 AM  

Oh, found you on Finding Fabulous Linky Party! And they weren't kidding, I found fabulous :)
http://www.releasemecreate.blogspot.com

Academy July 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer July 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Love it!

Nienke July 11, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

I believe your grinder from NewZealand is originally brought there by Dutch immigrants. Koffie is a Dutch word.

Deana July 11, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

I love coffee grinders! What a creative way to display it. Is it still functional or just pretty?

Tiffany July 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

Hi Deana. Thanks for your comment! Yes, it is still functional. Pretty fun! : )

Brooke July 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

What a great idea! Now I just want to hang some 'lonely' random thing on my wall so I can frame it. I'll find something...
I'm new to your blog and I love it! If you want to visit mine, this will link you to my old, boring blog but the new, happier blog is at http://babblin-brooke.com

Thanks for the idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails