Monday, April 4, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Party

I tried to stop it.  I really did.  But it happened.  I now have a five year old.  Unbelievable.

We had her party on Sunday and it was so much fun!  We only do friend parties every other year and this was the first time she was able to request a certain party.  She wanted Hello Kitty.  Of course she did.  What little girl does not like that sweet little kitty?  I am not big on character themes, but Hello Kitty I could definitely work with! 

The invitations were the first order of business.  Thank goodness for the adorable Etsy shop called Peace Love Cupcakes.  The talented lady behind the cuteness is Karen and she is fabulous to work with!  She e-mailed me the file to look over and I was in love.  She also creates cupcake toppers and favor tags to coordinate with her invites.  She offers perfectly adorable designs for boys and girls!  

We used the Printable Pretty Kitty Invitations from her shop along with the Printable Pretty Kitty Cupcake Toppers.  These are the examples in her shop...



Ours were obviously personalized for our girl, but you get the idea of how stinkin' cute they are!   I had the invitation printed in a 4x6 size at a local store for cheap and then printed the cupcake toppers at home on white cardstock.  Made it so easy and fun to be able to print whatever number I needed for my party.

The party was planned to be at a park but the 20+ mph winds did now allow that so we stayed home and it turned out great!  



Avery told me a few months ago that she wanted doughnuts instead of cupcakes for her birthday.  I thought that sounded like a super fun idea so we went with it!  They were so fun and so yummy!











Goody boxes for the little guests...


Coloring pages and crayons at the table...


Hello Kitty tattoos...


A game of "Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty"...




A photo opportunity for the guests...


We had a lot of fun with this...


And my girls in their party outfits.  I found the shirts at Old Navy on clearance several months ago and I made them pink & red polka-dot skirts to go with their shirts!  So fun.


I hope these photos from the party will spark your imaginations for your child's next party!

I will come back next week with more details and little tutorials on how I created some of the decorations.  If there is anything in the photos you would like to know more about, leave a comment letting me know and I will be sure to cover that next week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Come party with me this week at these blogs!

Happy Tuesday!


21 comments:

Pudel-design April 5, 2011 at 6:38 AM  

That is so cute;)
Love te foto station Hello Kitty;)

Lovely greetings...

http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

Erin A April 5, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

Tiffany what a SWEET party!! I'm not a hello kitty fan typically, but your party has converted me. :) Love all of the details, can't wait to see how you did some of it!

And you're right about those printables, they are perfect!! The goody boxes are too cute and I love the little strand of bunting on the drinks. Great job!!

We had those 20 mph winds Sunday too, there was no way you could have pulled off the party outside! Good improvising. :)

Unknown April 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

Great job with this party, my 7 year old is flipping around a few themes for her birthday, and HK was one of them, this might help her decide. sooo cute!

" SHABBY JUNK" April 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

That's just adorable! I have a Hello Kitty tattoo on the back of my neck and I am 57. Never too old for the kitty! judy

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made April 5, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

Fantastic memories you are creating! My kids are all young adults now and STILL talk about the theme parties we had here at home! They don't remember all of the 'expensive' event parties they went to but they remember every single party here at our house. Way to go!

Alyssa April 5, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

As always, an awesome party with an awesome theme. You and Amy are the party theme queens, I think! So much fun!

Jessica April 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Tiff! I've always adored Hello Kitty! I love the "photo" station! Everything looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Erica April 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

Awesome party Tiffany!! I love the big Hello Kitty!! I am so sad that we missed it.

SLR April 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

oh i love Hello Kitty! the party you created is so cute. i especially love "pin the bow on the kitty"...genious!! would love to do this kind of party when my daughter is older. your girls are adorable!!

Natalie April 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

ADORABLE, Tiffany!!! You are so amazing at making every detail perfect! I'm sure Avery loved everything too! I absolutely loved Hello Kitty when I was little! So cute!

Jamara @ My NW Nest April 7, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!! My 4 year old wants a Hello Kitty party when she turns 5. I am bookmarking this for sure!!

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed April 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

This is adorable! I love the cutout for photos!

Debra April 7, 2011 at 11:42 PM  

So cute! Hello Kitty is big here. I'll keep this in mind if it still is come Janauary and time for my daughter's next b-day.

Krystine Stephenson April 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

That looks like it was so much fun! Great job with everything!

http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

Megan April 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

your hello kitty cut out for pictures is pure genius!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Jenni R. April 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

We just had a Hello Kitty Soccer party for my 5 year old. I love all your details and the picture prop especially!
http://sharedfromwayoverhere.blogspot.com/2011/04/hello-kitty-soccer-party.html

tolcese June 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

Adorable party! What kind of cardboard did you use for photo big Kitty. I want to make one of these. Love your idea.

Tiffany June 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

My sister got the large cardboard for the Hello Kitty photo op. It came from a warehouse. Not sure exactly what it is from but it was heavy duty and able to withstand lots of little ones kicking it and pushing it over. : )

Home Sweet Home Place September 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

I NEED a photo prop and the pin the bow game and don't have an ounce of artistic ability. PLEASE tell me you bought on Etsy or that YOU have an Etsy store where I can purchase! I need, need, need!!!!!

Tiffany October 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Hi Home Sweet Home Place! Thanks for your comment.

My sister made the pin the bow game and I made the photo prop. We do not have an Etsy shop.

I am so sorry. I bet you would suprise yourself if you tried it! You can do it!!! : )

If you lived in Cincinnati, I would gladly loan you the photo prop! : )

Home Sweet Home Place October 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

Darn! Too bad! Thanks for the help!

Also, the link to the printables isn't working. Would you mind sending me that info?!?

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails