Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Silhouette Project-Graphic Dishtowels

I have another project for you using the images from the Silhouette Studio.  I showed you my Spring Greeting Cards several weeks ago using some fun images.  New images are added all the time to the Studio and there are some seriously fabulous ones!  

I used Erin's method of printing on fabric that she shared with us in this post.  So fun.  I used a light layer of spray adhesive to adhere my fabric to a piece of cardstock.  


I found two kitchen images that I loved, positioned them on the computer to be the size I wanted and filled in with the color black.

I stuck the cardstock with attached fabric into the printer and hoped for the best.


I was thrilled when it came out perfectly.


I had picked up some of these Ikea dishtowels for .49 cents a piece a few months ago.  You can't find a dishtowel cheaper and they were just begging for a fun image to be added to them.


I ironed them first, of course.


I cut out my images, placed my piece of fabric on the dishtowel, and pinned it in place.


I used black thread and hand stitched around the border of the fabric piece to secure it to the dishtowel.


I was super excited to see the finished product.


I tried them out in a few different places around the kitchen.


Love these images, especially the mixer.  I could go crazy doing this.  I like the simple black & white going on here but now my mind is spinning with ideas of blue images on a floral background and red images on a ticking stripe.  Oh, the possibilities...


***Disclaimer: These are to be used for decoration only.  Images printed on fabric will disappear when washed.***

If you haven't already, you really should check out the Silhouette Studio.  You do not have to own a Silhouette machine to do this project or to be a part of the Silhouette Studio.  So much fun to be had.

If using the Silhouette machine, you could try their fabric interfacing and have a cut-out image on a dishtowel or you could use their heat transfer paper to iron your images right on.

I will be partying on these blogs this week!

Happy Tuesday!

24 comments:

Jessica@SewHomegrown April 19, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

That is adorable! Love it.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses April 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM  

Love those - the images you used are so fun!

Erin A April 19, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

Tiffany my jaw just dropped to the floor when I saw these! SOOOOO adorable, I love them!! What a great great idea!

Unknown April 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

most def i need a silhouette. Love these towels!

Amy Waller April 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM  

Such a cute idea! I love the mixer!! I might have to try this a little later on. I bought some dish towels a while back and have been meaning to add a little somethin' somethin' to them! Thanks!!

Just Rhonda April 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

suuuuuuuper cute!!!

Jenny Rodriguez April 19, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Love it! Very classic.. I will have to try that technique!!

-Jennifer
allthingsbelle.blogspot.com

Unknown April 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

These are so cute! They would make really cute little cafe curtains too.

E Elliott April 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

I love the images you used. I have seen this done as a screen print as well. Oh, the possibilities...

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees April 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

What an amazingly cute project!!! I would never think to run fabric through a printer...you're so crafty!! I can't wait to try this on my own dish towels!

TBonesMom April 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

Super duper cute. I want some! Next LTC giveaway maybe? :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal April 19, 2011 at 9:05 PM  

Really cute, love the images you used. I just recently printed on fabric and love it. So easy to do.

Robyn April 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

I'm one of your newer followers and am thoroughly enjoying your blog. I've been going through all your older posts as well. I've seen so many brilliant projects using the Silhouette out in blogland and is now on my personal wish list for my birthday next month.

Maggie Massey April 20, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

These are perfect! I am sooo doing this...;)
And I'm a new follower!

Patrice April 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

I LOVE these! They are so cute!

Life With Lucy April 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

These are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown April 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

Even more reason for me to get one of those machines! ahh

TLF April 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

These are so, so cute!!
I love them!!

Delightful Order April 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

This is so great! Would love for you to link to my delightfully inspiring Thursday Party.
http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/04/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party-8.html
DaNita

Jennifer April 22, 2011 at 8:14 AM  

Super cute!! Earlier this week I had been looking for images similar to this for some window treatments in my kitchen. This would be a great way to do it - thanks for posting the tute!

- Jenn @ Social Salutations

Sibylle April 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

they look so beautiful! i was wondering if you can wash them, have you tried yet?

Tiffany April 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

Sibylle, thanks for your sweet comment! No, you cannot wash them. They are for decorative purposes only!!! I did try beforehand with a scrap and the image completely disappears after a run in the washer! : )

Brandy J. April 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Love, love, love!!

All Things Fee April 25, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

Adorable!


Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters, today!
http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/calling-all-crafters-4th-edition.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails