Friday, May 7, 2010

Craft Closet

"Do we have any tape? Where are my markers? Has anyone seen the scissors?"

These are all questions that were weekly being asked around my new house before realizing something had to be done with all my crafty supplies. Most things were randomly placed around the house in various drawers, totes, bins, etc.

In our den we have a spare closet that was used mainly for storing suit cases, dog items, and artworks that could easily be stored in the basement. I had always adored the thought of having a craft room, but we just didn't have that kind of space (the gears started to spin)..within a weekend my craft closet was born!



It really was simple (unfortunately I don't have before pictures to share..boo). Anyway, there were only a few steps in completing this closet makeover. The first thing was to clean out the old stuff, next we simply dropped down the current shelf and used it for my new desk (workstation),we added a fresh coat of paint, and lastly we cut a few side shelves for storage. The main white center cabinet is the Making Memories Embellishment Center, (which was purchased from Michaels 50% at Christmas time...yippee!)



I added few pieces I found at some yard sales along the way that I knew would add the vibrancy and character I was looking for. All they needed was a little spray paint (i.e. pink lazy susan $.25 (once was mustard yellow and the pear tape dispenser purchased from goodwill for $1.00)


I love these cone shaped scrapbook paper party hangers. I change the contents frequently.



I think ribbon is my best friend, I purchase it no matter what, and use it for everything.



I also love labeling my containers with the actual item.


I simply adore this room because I can easily find all my supplies. Now the only question is why do I have so many supplies? Ugh.

This closet makeover inspiration came from various places. I am a avid reader of Storage, Organize, Better Homes and Gardens, and Real Simple Magazine (just to name a few). 7 Clever Storage Closets has such cute ideas. Go on...clean out a closet, get inspired.


If you have a moment let me know what I could do to fancy up the inside of my door. I really could use some inspiration or suggestions.

Thanks and Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

21 comments:

Patrice May 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

TOO cute for words! Even Matt checked it this morning and said, "Those paper cones are great!" Love it!

Heather May 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Im in love! I love to see organized craft spaces. It puts my space to shame for sure!

Wendy May 7, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

So cute! I am off to google MM Shelf, I really need one of these or something similar for my area.

You did a great job, don't ya hate when you forget the before pic? Happy Friday!

Kari May 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

I LOVE this craft closet! It's so pretty that it doesn't even need to be hidden in a closet :)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} May 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

Super cute! Great job! I have WAY too many supplies as well but for some reason I can't get myself to part with any of it... just in case. Ugh!

I am moving next week and I am so excited b/c I will get a craft room in this new house, well unless a baby comes while we live there and then it will be moved to another room to "share" space. But I can't wait to figure out how I want it set up! :)

Cami May 7, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

I just love your blog! It's the one I always look forward to for a new post. Keep up the good work!
Cami
Great job on the craft spot!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows May 7, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

WOW!! So jealous!! I wish we had room for a craft area in our apartment! You did great I love it!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Tiffany May 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

WOW! I don't even know if there are words to describe the cuteness of your craft closet! Unbelievable. I love every little bit of it! The paper cones are fabulous and it just looks so fun and inviting! Nice job.

Amy May 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Ok--this is the cutest and most organized (and amazing) craft area! I'm sooooo jealous! These are great ideas if I ever get a space like this!!!! Love it!

Becca Ross May 7, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Oh, this is a dream! I hope you'll come link up at my Home and Family Friday Linky Party!

http://becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com/

Becca

Unknown May 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Great job! Perfect example of not needing an entire room to get yourself organized!

Prior May 7, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

your craft closet is so darling and efficient looking... Lezlee

Sarah May 8, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

I'm so jealous! What an anwesome space! good thinking outside the box!

Becca Ross May 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Oh, this is just so beautiful! Thanks for linking up for Home and Family Friday!

Becca

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

I wanted to let you know I featured your paper blossoms today :) come on over and link up to Making Monday Marvelous!

Jessica May 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

The paper blossoms are Erin's! Thanks for checking us out!

jennifer May 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

stop it! i love it all! wonderful, adorable, awesome. perfect.

Christy May 13, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

WHERE did you get the BIG jars on your shelves? I've been LOOKING for some for various supplies/food storage and can't find ones that large without breaking the bank...

Christy May 13, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

or loosing my arm paying shipping.

Jessica May 16, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

Christy! The jars are also from the making memories collection (bought at michaels. 3 in a pack for $9.99 or catch them 40% off as I did!!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs June 23, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

oh I just adore the idea of labeling the jars with the actual item! haha so cute and clever!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails